Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Street Art

Options
  • 15-05-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

I'd like to go around Dublin photographing street art.

I've identified a few places...

Windmill Lane
    Hanover Quay
    Sandyford
    Cabra Park

Can anyone think of any other places?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

There has been a bog explosion of 'sanctioned' street art between Caple St. and Smithfield if you stroll along the Luas line there are a few nice bits of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Bachelor's Way (Off Bachelor's Walk)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Prob gone now and prob not the type of street art you are referring to but my fave piece of graffiti in Dublin was on the luas tracks between the four courts and smithfield stop...

Someone had wrote in big letters 'FREE PALESTINE'

Under it someone else wrote 'Free dental, Lisa needs braces'

I took a pic so if I find it il upload it here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Bernard Shaw always have great work on their hoarding outside the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

without doubt you need to goto the smithfield tunnel

fantastic art along a laneway in Smithfield. really cool stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

The carpark beside the Tivoli theatre on Francis St has some good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

Richmond Street and the lanes behind Richmond street are probably one of he best, if not the best place for street art in Dublin. It changes frequently.

Liberty Lane at the back of Camden street is also a lane covered in street art.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Nice one everyone, some great suggestions.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

20Cent wrote: »
    The carpark beside the Tivoli theatre on Francis St has some good stuff.

The All City Jam is on there on Saturday which might be good for meeting a few of the artists and seeing some new stuff.

Also Liberty Lane has some fantastic pieces, I could link to some pics for you but it might ruin the surprise :D It's the lane running behind Whelans, Wexford Street. There are a few bits on the shop fronts on Camden Street too (when they are closed I mean).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

It'd be great if some could put up a few pics, I don't think there is a website that covers pics of Dublin Street Art ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

RATM wrote: »
    It'd be great if some could put up a few pics, I don't think there is a website that covers pics of Dublin Street Art ?

These guys take a large amount of shots of the Street Art of Dublin: https://www.facebook.com/PictureThisDublinCity

http://instagram.com/picturethisdublincity

(two links to essentially the same photos, I don't think that they post them on Flickr or Pixie or anywhere else)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

back of whelans off camden street has some great stuff. follow maser on fb, or even google him and you'll see where his stuff is around dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Around the fruit market at church street is quite good and the street that goes from Camden street to the canal is good at times.

DDC are pretty good at removing most of it. Like when 24 hours even in the suburbs it's gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

frag420 wrote: »
    Prob gone now and prob not the type of street art you are referring to but my fave piece of graffiti in Dublin was on the luas tracks between the four courts and smithfield stop...

Someone had wrote in big letters 'FREE PALESTINE'

Under it someone else wrote 'Free dental, Lisa needs braces'

I took a pic so if I find it il upload it here.

Free Palestine.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Here's a few pictures I took around the Smithfield area. There are loads of good spots around there
    4AE7ACC694554623AF5117F86F518047-0000363459-0003219438-00800L-94F66669C97B420DB59EF8DCEE82EC37.jpg
    1580F16609054EA4BDED7A11F55C5F88-0000363459-0003219428-00800L-91FEF31F1E144A0F8117FEA9FDFFCAC7.jpg
    918AB7C6B764494296A275D0FEA3BD0A-0000363459-0003219424-00800L-3608966665E5470C8F879007AEF5D583.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Here is a few from around Capel St.

This one is from Francis St freaky.

254339.jpg

Rippe up bear is gone.
    Replaced with this on Saturday.

254564.jpg

• Advertisement

RATM wrote: »

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dublin-Urban-Art/286941637998294?hc_location=stream

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

can anyone recommend 5 pieces of large wall art, for a photoshoot with someone who is into hip hop/ rap and wants to be a dj? The pieces need to be withing 10 min walking distance of o connell street and we don't have much time to shoot it and will be walking around with equipment etc..

Thanks.

p.s can u post pic and location, so we can plan the shoot. thanks.

Advertisement