Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tariffs on website

Options
  • 15-05-2013 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking at getting night storage heaters, which may mean getting a Night Storage Heating meter or a NightSaver meter. I currently have a standard meter.

Having spent 18 minutes on the phone and being left on hold for an extended period of time and hanging up, I went looking at https://www.electricireland.ie/switchchange/pricePlanElec.htm and I eventually found the numbers on the "More details" links. However, these numbers are very different to what I was being told on the phone - something about €50 and 40.?? cent for the standing charges.

Can you confirm that I can choose between (a) Night Storage Heating with a standard meter or (b) a NightSaver meter?

Can you confirm that the changeover for either is free (but there may be a charge if it is changed back)?

Can you explain why there is a difference between the "Standing Charge 24 Hour Urban per year (with Night Storage Heating)" and "Standing Charge NightSaver Urban per year" - is this purely down to a commercial decision on people shifting the bulk of their usage to night time and you only charge 9c/unit instead of 17c/unit?

On the link above, the "More details" links aren't very obvious and changing the name to "Prices and details" would be useful. It would be useful to have a proper means of price comparison between your plans. Comparing with your competitors would be an added bonus.

Comments

• Talk-To PM Accounts Posts: 16 Electric Ireland Reps

Hi Victor,

Before a decision can be made about which meter opt for, you will need to consult with your electrical contractor to determine whether your property is wired for either a Night Storage meter or a Dual tariff meter (Nightsaver meter).

If you opt for Night Storage Heater meter, there would be an installation fee of €183.87.

While the Nightsaver meter is free toinstall, should you ever wish to revert to a general 24 hour meter, there is a fee of €181.60 involved. [font=Arial","sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]You would need to be using at least 3units of electricity per night to utilize having a Nightsaver meter. If you are considering this option, you should monitor your usage during the night rate hours and see if you are using at least 3 units of electricity. Take your readings for a week, if you are using more than 21 units then it is an option to consider. [/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]
    [/font]

• Night rate hours for the Nightsaver meter are 11.00 pm to 08.00 am in wintertime (October - April) and 12.00 am to 09.00 am in summertime (April - October)

[font=Arial","sans-serif]  [/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]Standing Charges for both Nightsaver and Standard Tariff customers are now aligned directly with the underlying non-energy costs (operation and maintenance of the networks, customer service, etc). Slightly higher standing charges are in place for Nightsaver customers to fully recover these costs.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Before any work can take place foreither meters, a cert will have to be submitted to RECI by your electrical contractor. You would also need to confirm how many storage heaters would be installed at your premise and their total KvA. Once you've confirmed your decision, we can organise an appointment for you to have the meter installation completed.[/font]

Thank you for your feedback regarding our website, if you have any questions about our price plans or which one is best suited to you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement