Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genuine Question - Why is amateur radio still popular ?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Popular Hardback

The operator believes it was genuine, we don't know all the details, we don't know the bits the media may have added on in error like the term mayday, actual seriousness of the incident, etc. We don't know minor details the operator may happen to be mistaken on. The operator's rightly not talking anymore about it and rightly wants to be left alone. If it was an elaborate spoof the actual joke is on the vermin that carried it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

heres a long discussion on it....

he was.......questionable......

the news pics had him with equipment he wasn't licenced to operate with his 2I call sign.....

http://www.hamradiodeals.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37109

still, the non radio community thought he was a hero, so that's good news for the rest of us, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Maybe ...

Handcock's The Ham sketch was bad. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

first got interested through cb in the 70's

however didn't get the call till 06

qrp jt65 and jt9 along with some rtty contesting are my main interests presently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

I can add, the knack gave me an accidental career & ham radio was just a bonus after many years on 11m.
    Was worth studying alright .)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tonyham

The North Dublin Radio Club (EI0NDR)will be running classes to prepare candidates who are interested in sitting the Amateur Radio Exam.
    Course will be held in the club at the Artane Beaumont Family Recreation Centre, Artane, Dublin 5.
    Dates and Times to be confirmed.
    All are welcome.

For further information, please contact Tony 0862985776 :)

Advertisement