Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you plan on buying your teams new jersey?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

You have strange ideas CSF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pj! wrote: »
    You have strange ideas CSF
    No I'm in the majority.

" I'm a better supporter than you" bla di fcuking bla

As for the OP question, probably not this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

CSF wrote: »
    No I'm in the majority.

I'd doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

More into training tops/polos myself. Everton not selling the kit in Ireland has me off buying the new kits as it works out about 80 quid to get one delivered. Wait for the post xmas sales to get them and other gear cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Going to the games most weeks and funding the club as much as possible/one can afford. Not like I've got ten commandments written on a tablet

What if I were to dedicate my life to gaining enough personal wealth that one day I could take over the club that I love even if I didn't go to the games at all or buy their shirts at all? My goal in life was simply to become the majority shareholder of what I hold dear and I sacrificed all luxuries, including attending games and tv license so that I could never watch them? What I be the ultimate fan or the worst one of all?!

jive wrote: »
    What if I were to dedicate my life to gaining enough personal wealth that one day I could take over the club that I love even if I didn't go to the games at all or buy their shirts at all? My goal in life was simply to become the majority shareholder of what I hold dear and I sacrificed all luxuries, including attending games and tv license so that I could never watch them? What I be the ultimate fan or the worst one of all?!
    You'd be a business man. What do you want next, the definition of a fireman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Did you buy a ring to signify that promise? Proper one from a jewellers, or a knockoff thing that makes your fingers go green.

I know that was a petty dig, but just for the **** of it, if the jerseys I buy from Thailand were pieces of crap that fall apart (in relation to cheap jewellery turning your fingers green) then I wouldn't buy them, but they are excellent and have lasted me years. You've decided I'm not a real fan, and I'm telling you that's utter bull**** and your (largely contested) views on what constitute a real fan are skewed. "I bought this jersey in the club shop, I'm a real fan." Say that in the away end of an opposition ground and see how many agree with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

dli5gw.jpg

• Advertisement

I think CSF is trolling us all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

sportsdirect.com do jerseys cheap.

ive the new liverpool jersey ordered with coutinho on the back. 66 eur including delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

MarkY91 wrote: »
    sportsdirect.com do jerseys cheap.

ive the new liverpool jersey ordered with coutinho on the back. 66 eur including delivery

Mike Ashley owns that site, so you're actually a Newcastle fan.

Pj! wrote: »
    I think CSF is trolling us all.
    For thinking people should help fund the club they claim to love? Not that abstract an idea.

For thinking people should help fund the club they claim to love? Not that abstract an idea.
    For thinking people are pretend supporters if they buy a jersey anywhere other than the club shop.

Presume your rule equally applies to other forms of club income too?
    If you grab a burger outside the ground and are too full to eat in the stadium then you're not a real supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,905 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I collect jerseys so buy all of City's plus a lot of random ones that take my fancy so my answer is yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Mike Ashley owns that site, so you're actually a Newcastle fan.

i couldnt give a ****e who owns it as long as im saving 20 euro or so.

Advertisement