Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Plane habits

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Another very annoying thing is when you have a connecting flight within 2 hours of you landing and you get people who spend that 2 hours buying souveniers, having lunch etc and then with half an hour to go they suddenly realize their gate is an hours walk away and they start panicking and running for it as fast as they can, all the while the rest of us who got there on time are left to wait on these idiots when they call their name over the tannoy. Its a connecting flight you retards you are not going to have enought time to be ambling around, just get to your gate in time. This is particularly true in Heathrow where even 2 hours is barely enough time to get to the next flight :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,266 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

BTW most phones are equipped with "airplane mode" however i'd imagine if you use it you would get plenty of filthy looks, is that the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

the reclining seat issue is a reflection on of modern society.

"i will recline my seat and to hell with your discomfort, as long as I'm happy i dont give two shytes about anyone else. I'm worth it."

the argument is the seat is designed to recline. indeed. but if we apply that logic everywhere it would result in serious unpleasantness.

i beep my car horn constantly as i drive along, it was designed to beep dont you know.

i fart in lifts constantly, my arse was designed for farting dont you know.

i have loud phone conversations in the cinema, phones are designed for talking dont you know.

i know its not trendy to be polite but come on.

it's called COMMON FOOKING COURTESY. we all have to share this planet. Of course i would love to recline my seat 90° and snooze on the plane but if that meant discomforting a fellow passenger i wouldnt do it because I'm not an ignorant fook devoid of manners or empathy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

nope, none of the above. Like I said, i dont sit there with my knees up on the other fella's headrest. It requires a slight adjustment on my part and I look perfectly normal and am comfortable enough to relax and enjoy the rest of the flight, very much on low to no alert. The person in front, so long as they dont try to put their seat back, doesnt notice.

Thats not physically possible to prevent someone adjusting their seat back without putting constant pressure on an area higher up than knees would comfortably sit, or without moving your buttocks position to an unnaturally advanced position in the seat making you indeed look like a prick.

But it makes you sounds schmad on the internet so congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Unless you're in first class the seats dont go back far enough to make any real difference to your comfort but they go back just far enough to negatively affect the comfort of the person behind you.
    It's a selfish and ignorant thing to do and I have no idea why the seats recline at all. if you cant go a few hours without stretching out then get the fucking boat

Baloney.
    Its far more relaxing and comfortable to sleep the more horizontal you can get your body, its less work for your heart too.

You have no idea why the seats recline?
    Its for comfort.

If you cant fit in a seat with the person in front using the facilities as designed, can I suggest you take the boat?

I recline my seat, typically on long haul but if Im on a red eye I will do it also if I want to sleep.

On long haul I put it upright when food is being handed out and back down when I am finished. I ensure that I dont snap the seat back, rather let it back gently, this allows the person in front to get out of the way and prevents anything from falling off their tray.

As far as I am concerned, thats me being considerate.

Im baffled how you can think the person in front is selfish and inconsiderate by using the seat as designed yet you dont see an issue with your preemptive knee wedge tbh. Are you a NIMBY also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

You're really not getting this. I'm perfectly comfortable, Im not holding my legs in position or anything.
    So you are preventing the seat in front from reclining, thus supporting the seat and the weight of the person yet you are not feeling any force on your legs?

I know a few physicists who would be very interested to meet you and your anti-gravity legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Giruilla wrote: »
    Thats not physically possible to prevent someone adjusting their seat back without putting constant pressure on an area higher up than knees would comfortably sit, or without moving your buttocks position to an unnaturally advanced position in the seat making you indeed look like a prick.

Yeah it is if you're 6ft4+!

What really annoys me is when someone repeatedly slams the seat into my knees!

Flying is increasingly becoming a very stressful experience with all the being herded around like cattle, cramped seats, busy airports, rude, aggressive and invasive security that seems to adopt the approach that everyone's a criminal etc etc

There are times I just wonder why I bother. Especially when you're flying to the states or something like that.

I'd actually be totally put off going to the US on holiday nowadays after experiences with immigration and security.

We also encountered ridiculously aggressive security staff at La Rochelle airport in France. Just endless barking orders at passengers.

It's all just too much hassle and has become very unpleasant.

Solair wrote: »
    Yeah it is if you're 6ft4+!

The body area in question used to sit comfortably and hold a seat in the upright position against force would be from upper thigh to knees. This area difference in a 6ft4 person compared to a 6ft person works out at around less than 1 inch.

I hate bullsh*tters..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

I find flying to be a pretty horrible experience in general, kinda reminds me of driving sometimes in how people act, no consideration for anyone but themselves regardless of the consequences but one of my biggest pet peeves has already been mentioned happens pretty much every flight where there is no designated seating...so ryanair - but last time I was stuck queuing on the runway in the rain for about 10 minutes as everyone ahead had decided to take the first free seat in the door and block the isle as they sorted themselves out, when I did eventually get on board the entire middle section of the plane was empty. So I squeezed past, grabbed a seat and didn't block anyone in the process, common sense is not so common...

• Advertisement

The body area in question used to sit comfortably and hold a seat in the upright position against force would be from upper thigh to knees. This area difference in a 6ft4 person compared to a 6ft person works out at around less than 1 inch.

I hate bullsh*tters..

You're a professional physiologist and aircraft seat expert / seatologist?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

fair enough. You clearly know more about how i travel than i do. Next time we're on a flight together you can get the seat in front of me and we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I always wondered why couldn't an airline have better seats and a little more legroom in them and charge you more than other airlines?
    Like I wouldn't mind spending 100-200eur more for a long flight if I was to get better seats and little more room.

Its like either pay the economy rate for **** cramped uncomfortable seats you can't do anything apart from stare at the tiny monitor in front of you in or pay a ridiculous price for the business seats which are just big fat seats with more legroom or pay a monumentally ridiculous price for first class which is just excessive.

Why can't there be something in between business and economy or why can't they make economy less **** by taking out a few rows of seats to spread them out a bit more so its less cramped and ****ty and charge everyone a bit more instead??

Next time we're on a flight together you can get the seat in front of me and we'll see what happens.

You'd end up getting aggressive.

Nice grasp of logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

"I can push the seat back if I want. If you don't like it tough. I'm tired. I want to relax. Take the boat in future."

*raises knees*

"WAAAAAAAH, how unfair! Why won't you let me put the seat back. You've no consideration!"

Ridiculous f*cking logic. If you're openly going to disregard someone else's comfort without a care and tell them to 'take the boat' then don't moan when they raise their knees to stop you reclining. The 'f*ck them' attitude works both ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Silly you. It's not seatology - it's seatingeering.

Also - stop blaming the passengers for how close the seats are - it's the airlines that do it.

FTA69 wrote: »
    "I can push the seat back if I want. If you don't like it tough. I'm tired. I want to relax. Take the boat in future."

*raises knees*

"WAAAAAAAH, how unfair! Why won't you let me put the seat back. You've no consideration!"

Ridiculous f*cking logic. If you're openly going to disregard someone else's comfort without a care and tell them to 'take the boat' then don't moan when they raise their knees to stop you reclining. The 'f*ck them' attitude works both ways.
    That's just how you maintain the status quo...

Nice grasp of logic.

Eh, that doesn't even make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

I was on an Air France flight recently from London City to Dublin, a lot of suits on board. A number of times, the flight safety announcements had to be stopped because the people with phones couldn't keep off them.

One elderly gentleman in particular had to be told three times and the fourth time, two of the flight attendants just stopped by his seat and watched and waited. He got the hump and turned it off. It is like dealing with children when it comes to phone and airplanes!

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    I was on an Air France flight recently from London City to Dublin, a lot of suits on board. A number of times, the flight safety announcements had to be stopped because the people with phones couldn't keep off them.

One elderly gentleman in particular had to be told three times and the fourth time, two of the flight attendants just stopped by his seat and watched and waited. He got the hump and turned it off. It is like dealing with children when it comes to phone and airplanes!

Can a phone really bring down an airplane??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭starWave

If you're speaking on your phone, you're not listening to the safety announcement, and also making it difficult for your fellow passengers to hear the safety announcement.

starWave wrote: »
    If you're speaking on your phone, you're not listening to the safety announcement, and also making it difficult for your fellow passengers to hear the safety announcement.

Does anyone really pay attention to the safety announcement in the plane??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Yes.

You'd end up getting aggressive.

I wouldnt need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭starWave

I don't as I've heard it before, but you should allow others to hear it, as they may not fly regularly or been on that particular airline.

They do that announcement for a reason, it saves lives in the event of an emergency landing.

I wouldnt need to.

You would if you weren't prepared to sit like a prick for the duration of your trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

6ft4 lad here,

Haven't had many recliner issues on planes to be honest. People general say, look here sit there or have the aisle seat. Or the turn back and say "i'm not too far back i'm I". Thats fine and have huge respect for people like that.

Once though this man reclined heavy on my legs, it was actually paining me. I asked him nicely would he mind lifting it up a bit. Of course he was having none of it. So when he went for a further recline (really sore at this stage), I resisted it untl he was sitting up-right again and said to him "You can recline fine, but not at the cost of my personal space"

BAM

He stopped.
    People are mostly very nice and understanding about it all on fairness.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Has anyone ever used those anti-recline devices? They clip onto the arms of the table in front and stop the seat from reclining. (Probably already been mentioned)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Frolick

Wow, didn't think they existed. Hahhaha, looks like a deformed padlock.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Things that annoy me..

Pre-Boarding
    • Gimps that stand in the queue for Security , watching everyone in front taking off shoes , emptying pockets etc. but do nothing and then get all flustered and confused that they actually have to do the same thing as well!!!!
    • After going through Security , those people that stand at the end of the baggage conveyor putting their belts on, re-packing their bags etc. thereby blocking everyone else and causing the conveyor to back-up. MOVE to the Seats and tables that are there for you to get sorted out you TWATS!!!
    • People who arrive to the boarding gate and look around and see 100+ people sitting around , but they still walk up to the gate and thrust their boarding card at the attendant saying "Are we boarding now?" , then walk away looking confused.

On-Board
    • Americans (at least it always seems to be Americans) who insist on bringing the Worlds largest carry-on bag and drag it through the plane, oblivious to the fact that it's banging off every knee the whole way down the plane. Then they stuff their bag in the overhead bin regardless of the fact that you have your stuff there already and just crush their stuff in anyway
    • People who have to stop and look at every seat/row number as they make their way down the plane (Ticket says Row 40..this is row 6....It's at the BACK!)

Getting-off/ Luggage collection
    • People that stop on the jetway to wait for their friends , blocking everyone else from getting off the plane.. Move out to the concourse, you can meet them there...It's not like there are multiple ways out!
    • At the luggage carousel , people that simply climb over you to grab their bag - No "excuse me" , no "sorry, can I just grab that"..Nothing...Tossers!
    • Followed of course by hitting you and every other passenger with the bag as they heave it on to a trolley that they'll hit you with as well as they weave their way out of the baggage hall.

Looking back at this list what strikes me (aside from the fact that I'm probably travelling too much and shouldn't let this crap get to me) is that all of them are down to one simple thing.

A complete and utter lack of Situational awareness, I don't think these people are all inherently rude/stupid but they just have no idea what is going on around them. How most of these people have survived to Adulthood without getting taken out in traffic is beyond me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Things that annoy me..

Pre-Boarding
    • Gimps that stand in the queue for Security , watching everyone in front taking off shoes , emptying pockets etc. but do nothing and then get all flustered and confused that they actually have to do the same thing as well!!!!
    • After going through Security , those people that stand at the end of the baggage conveyor putting their belts on, re-packing their bags etc. thereby blocking everyone else and causing the conveyor to back-up. MOVE to the Seats and tables that are there for you to get sorted out you TWATS!!!
    • People who arrive to the boarding gate and look around and see 100+ people sitting around , but they still walk up to the gate and thrust their boarding card at the attendant saying "Are we boarding now?" , then walk away looking confused.

On-Board
    • Americans (at least it always seems to be Americans) who insist on bringing the Worlds largest carry-on bag and drag it through the plane, oblivious to the fact that it's banging off every knee the whole way down the plane. Then they stuff their bag in the overhead bin regardless of the fact that you have your stuff there already and just crush their stuff in anyway
    • People who have to stop and look at every seat/row number as they make their way down the plane (Ticket says Row 40..this is row 6....It's at the BACK!)

Getting-off/ Luggage collection
    • People that stop on the jetway to wait for their friends , blocking everyone else from getting off the plane.. Move out to the concourse, you can meet them there...It's not like there are multiple ways out!
    • At the luggage carousel , people that simply climb over you to grab their bag - No "excuse me" , no "sorry, can I just grab that"..Nothing...Tossers!
    • Followed of course by hitting you and every other passenger with the bag as they heave it on to a trolley that they'll hit you with as well as they weave their way out of the baggage hall.

Looking back at this list what strikes me (aside from the fact that I'm probably travelling too much and shouldn't let this crap get to me) is that all of them are down to one simple thing.

A complete and utter lack of Situational awareness, I don't think these people are all inherently rude/stupid but they just have no idea what is going on around them. How most of these people have survived to Adulthood without getting taken out in traffic is beyond me...

So... everything annoys you. about flying. Why not say that rather than detailing an interminable list of whinges? That annoys me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

In no particular order:

-People that overpack / try to carry on too much hand luggage and cause a fuss about it

This seems to be most common in southern Europe, Italy in particular (or at least is where I notice it the most being the place I travel to/from the most).
    They try to carry on board huge trolleys, backpacks that weigh as much as the moon or a silly multitude of bags and baglets. They kick up a fuss when the cabin crew tell them "this needs to go in the hold", make silly excuses that even a donkey wouldn't buy (e.g. "there are Murano crystals in there!" while punching and squashing the bag to try and jam it into the overhead locker). This often results in a delayed flight (in a couple of occasions we actually missed our departure slot) or, sometimes, even flying with bags in questionable positions (been on a couple of FR flights CIA-DUB with bags just laid down in the aft crew area).

- People and their fooking mobile phones

Seriously folks, you ain't gonna die if you spend a few hours off your phone. Sometimes it looks like the crew is dealing with a plane full of children that don't want to let go of their favourite toy and go to bed. Just. Switch. It. Off. Most of the calls you make/receive on it are pointless anyway: "aha...aha...yes...we'll discuss this in the office tomorrow..." or "Hey ma', I just landed...oh you're at the airport? really?". Of course she is. There is a thing called "schedule", once she knows you're on this flight, there's a reasonable expectation for it to land at or around a defined time.

- People trying to outrun the plane to the gate

The aircraft lands and as soon as the heavy braking phase is over (usually while the plane is still hurtling down the runway at around 60 knots), you hear the click-click-click of seatbelts and some twats even jump up and open the overhead compartments. I get really puzzled at this stage...do they think they'll reach the gate before the plane does?

- Lack of awareness

A lot of people fall into this category. There are the "I only flew Ryanair until now" individuals, usually young(ish) and traveling for leisure - they assume everything works just like Ryanair even if they are boarding, say, a British Airways or Air France flight. Easily recognizable by:
    - Horrendously oversized/overweight hand baggage, even though hold allowance is included in the flight price (they simply don't know);
    - Racing towards the top of the queue at the gate, even though seating is assigned;
    - If you booked a specific seat (say, exit row window), one of them will be sitting there all the effing time, gloating about how smart they were grabbing the best seat. If you gently point out that seating is assigned, and that one is your seat, they argue too...

In the same broad category fall people completely oblivious to the ground/cabin/flight crew announcements, messages and requests; Sometimes because of sheer lack of attention, more often times because they can really only speak the dialect of their own town. If you go traveling, knowledge of a few basic English, French or Spanish words is necessary. All you need are numbers and a few travel related terms (like row, safety, seat, boarding...you get it). So that if they call "now boarding row 11-20", and you have a seat in 6, you don't rush to the gate like a duckling with labyrinthitis.

- The f@{ing landing applause

It is a Mediterranean custom, to make it clear. Fly to/from Italy, Spain, Greece and some Latin America countries, and you'll get it all the time. Maybe somewhere else as well, can't be sure. It has nothing to do with the landing itself but with the fact that most people from these countries are secretly but deathly afraid of flying, reasons unknown. The applause is a form of relief/stress release.

Funny fact, sometimes when it would be expected the applause doesn't come: last January I flew back from Naples to Gatwick. The weather was vile, visibility near minimums, heavy snow with a lot of crosswinds and gusts. You could actually feel the plane being pushed quite violently sideways from under you. Yet the guy at the front absolutely greased it. I am not a pilot, just took a lesson or two in a tiny Cessna, but I know it takes some serious skills to manage that. No applause though - almost everybody was too busy changing their underpants.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So... everything annoys you. about flying. Why not say that rather than detailing an interminable list of whinges? That annoys me.

The purpose of the thread is to list the Worst habits of Air-Travel..

Would be pretty pointless if people just posted "I don't like Stuff"

I actually do enjoy travelling/flying..But I do get overly irritated by people who don't pay attention to what's going on around them leading to utterly avoidable problems or inconveniences for others...

Yes , it's a pet hate , but that's kinda the point of the thread, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Was only reading this today... :D

http://spectrum.ieee.org/aerospace/aviation/unsafe-at-any-airspeed

EDIT And this : http://www.cs.odu.edu/~mln/ltrs-pdfs/NASA-2004-tm213001.pdf

You would if you weren't prepared to sit like a prick for the duration of your trip.

It certainly doesnt seem like it's me who has the problem with aggression. Are you perhaps posting from a plane and the person behind wont let you put your seat back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Reindeer wrote: »
    Babies should be banned from planes. Full stop.

Because children could never need to travel on a plane for life saving operations or anything :rolleyes:

Babies are a lot easier to deal with than 3-6 year olds too, since they seem to get excited about their shadow. Babies just eat, sleep and poop intermittently.

I find there are more annoying adults than children on flights personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

People who **** on planes and pretend to be drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

I fly ,more or less ,every week, all short haul.

I cannot believe there are such dogmatic sorts on the pro reclining side, (though perhaps there were not that many, mostly multiple posts)

I share the feeling about pr.cks putting away their stuff in row 6 and scores of people waiting.
    i am good with children and can put up with them ,its the occasional complete pr.ck of a parent who lets them cry is the problem.

However my gripe has occured at least five times in recent months, I travel mostly ryanair, free seating, and a family comes on at the end, demanding seats together!!!!
    Because the steward cannot expect a passenger to leave a child on a seat alone ,they have to ask others to move, not a great problem in itself, but it SEEMS to me that was the plan of the parents. Some weeks ago a family of six came on last,( from Girona) demanding two rows together. The plane was quite full.

The SUPER hostess replied to the delight of any who could hear "well thats not going to happen, but I will get you a row each(well apart as it happened) for one adult and two children each.

Regards, Rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

If the seats weren't meant to recline then they wouldn't. It is your problem.

Not always though.

When I was on a flight the guy had his chair all the way back and wouldn't raise it for me during the meal. The air-hostess could not put my meal down in front of me 'cos there was no room. The tray also has to be flat to put the food on it so the seats have to be upright

Luckily she was less polite than I was! She may have called him 'sir' but she certainly sounded very frustrated.

There's a time an a place to recline your seat. There's a tray on the back of your seat for the other person to use at certain times.

• Advertisement

When I get on a flight one of the first things I do is jam my knees up in behind the seat in front of me so even if some prick does try to put his seat back it isnt going anywhere
    It certainly doesnt seem like it's me who has the problem with aggression.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

People who complain about people reclining their seats are díckheads. There I said it.
    Got to love all those comments that say people who do it are going to get their seat kicked for the entire flight. What are you, a 5 year old? Grow up a bit. I'd say you hardly even flinch, instead just sit there sulking. Anybody who kicks my seat is going to be told to cop on by myself. And I certainly wont be bringing it forward if you do. If you're 6+ foot, spend the €10 for extra leg room seats. If its only a 2 hour flight then put up with it like the rest of us.

People who complain about people reclining their seats are díckheads. There I said it.

It's not about reclining or not reclining really, it's about good manners and being aware of your surroundings.

Are you entitled to recline your seat? of course you are...

Should you simply hit the button and launch the seat backwards without taking into account that someone is behind you? No - that's simply rude and not paying attention..

Take a quick look over your shoulder , check to see that the person behind isn't using the tray or leaning forward etc. and then slowly recline giving everyone the chance to adjust to the new set-up...

And of course , don't recline the seat at all during food service...

Basically - Just pay attention........please!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Why can't there be something in between business and economy or why can't they make economy less **** by taking out a few rows of seats to spread them out a bit more so its less cramped and ****ty and charge everyone a bit more instead??

There is.....premium economy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Two more:

People on short flights (from Dublin to London for example) who avail of almost all the fancy goods on offer in 1st Class, like a half bottle of champagne, wine, fancy lunch etc. I mean, is it really worth it for a journey that takes less than 50 minutes?? Seems to be just being stuck up for the sake of being stuck up.

People who expect the in-flight entertainment system to work INSTANTLY as they sit down. They get frustrated when their button bashing seems to get them nowhere and they even call over the crew to say "My system is broken", lots of them take about half an hour to start up so dont be so bloody impatient. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Wow the reclining debate makes the abortion debate pale into comparison!

1. Seats are designed to recline (some are not) and therefore thinking that someone is a "prick" for reclining is just ridiculous.

2. If someone wants to *gasp*... sleep on a plane, then they are probably going to put their seat back as far as its design will allow. If you have a problem with that it really should be taken up with the seat designers.

3. Absolutely on long haul flights, where meals are given out, passengers should be required to put their seat upright for the meals.

4. If your screen gets a "glare" on it because someone reclines, again, take it up with the designer of the entertainment system. Most decent airlines have modern tilting screens. You are probably just flying a cheap airline. Pay more if you expect a premium experience. They are flying buses for gods sake.

5. The whole "manners" thing. I love this! My experience of the way people behave on flights is more akin to Lord of the Flies than Great Expectations. Its every man for himself, not an experiment in harmonious living and zen.

6. You ALWAYS HAVE THE OPTION TO RECLINE YOUR OWN SEAT, thereby restoring the distance between you and the seat in front. Huge people who don't fit in normal airline seats comfortably are always going to have problems.

7. Stopping a seat with knees - on a short haul flight unless its a red-eye, I would not really give a crap. No recline, no big deal. However on a long haul I would wait you out, finger on the recline button... any kicking of my seat would definitely get you a visit from the steward, or a free upgrade to fist class, courtesy of knuckle airlines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

The group of men or women (more so women in my experiences) who are so loud with their screeching and ear destroying laughs who will not just shut up or quiet down with their cackling.

And you look around trying to catch the obnoxious people's eyes and hopefully glare them down into silence and you make eye contact with someone else attempting to do the exact same thing and you give the mutual "these morons are annoying aren't they?" look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Travel a bit with work......

10 hour flight.....

Some man next to me with some flaky skin condition wearing a short sleeved shirt decides to tear his white/yellow crusty elbows to bits.. Scattering the 'ash' all around him...

Meal arrived... He continues....

I cant tell the difference between bread crumbs and his spent skin on my dinner tray.....

It was a long hungry flight..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 peble

Nino Brown wrote: »
    People who bring the biggest carry on bag they can manage, and then get on the plane last so they have nowhere to put it.
    I have to agree with this one ..it is soo annoying especially that everyone is already seated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Coming back from Portugal and we are stuck in the security cue, as there is a man ahead of us who hasn't removed the usual belt and shoes etc. He is chatting away to her about how busy it is around here and the shops are lovely and how his holiday went. I have no patience and I am starting to lose my cool at this stage.

So this is going for some time. Eventually the usual questions from the assistant who is as interested as a zombie from the Walking Dead. "Any sharp objects, alcohol, AK47's"

"Nope, all clean! Haven't a penny left after the great time I had" he happily shouts.

She opens his bag to find a bottle of vodka that resembles a fooking torpedo. The thing is huge. Without another word she just dumps it into the bin and lets him on his way.

:pac:

Delighted for the eejit!

So yeah, them! People at security queues wasting time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Lol just floy forst class goys

• Advertisement
Advertisement