Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I crazy?

Options
  • 15-05-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Ok, so about 2 months ago, I signed up to do my first triathlon (the one out of NAC this weekend, pool based, sprint distance).

Anyhows, my plans got waylaid due to a dodgy knee which prevented me running. As a result I abandoned any plans to get a training program going.

I am half think of doing it anyway (with basically little or no prep other than swimming).

Am I crazy? Currently reasonably fit (750 time about 15min, and 5km run WOULD have been about 28min).

What you think? Or will I be walking at the back on my own (I havent done any brick sessions!)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's a beginner friendly race. I'd say you'll be fine.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Give it a shot. Swim and bike should be ok. Run might be where it hurts but its not for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Pool based sprint, if you have sort of willingness to push yourself, you'll be able to complete no bother. However...
    JohnBee wrote: »
    What you think? Or will I be walking at the back on my own (I havent done any brick sessions!)

You've done no preparation, no training, you deserve to be towards the back (genuinely not saying that as a slag, but just that there's no reason for many entrants to be behind someone untrained and unprepared). If you're happy enough to say you completed the course, go for it, but if its going to bother you being a back marker, leave it and train properly for another one. Best of luck with it, whatever you decide!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭JohnBee

Thanks guys.

I'm gonna do a trial brick session today and if I survive I think I will go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

15m for the swim will have you in the top half of the field id say. Shorten bike will also help. I say yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

you'll be grand.

Advertisement