Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logistical options...Airport to Maynooth

Options
  • 15-05-2013 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

As above folks...any suggestions other than a taxi?!
    Any idea of cost(in or around) of that journey by taxi if necessary?
    All help gratefully appreciated! x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

16 bus to Drumcondra Station, train from there. Less than a tenner and not horrendously complicated although there can be a wait at Drumcondra.

Taxi was in excess of 50 quid last time I checked.

Other option would be to see if, by chance, one of the hackney firms around here (Express and Manor are the two with bases here that I know of) has a return trip going back around that time, might be cheaper than a hailed taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭poppers

bus into town and then either take the 66 or 67 bus to maynooth or there is also a regular train from connolly station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭Longford Lass

Thanks for taking the time to reply folks...think its public transport all the way if the fare could be in or around 50 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Check with Airport Hopper to see if their Maynooth route is operational yet. If not, you can still get it to Liffey Valley, and get your choice of 66/67.

Its not. Just remembered that Bus eireann are now allowed drop on the Galway/mayo buses, if they're not striking...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We have been charged 45 to about 55 for a cab or a taxi.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eimhin.ennis

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360752896-020X.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Hey Lass,

I sent you a PM,

I can do the run for you if the flight times are outside of my working hours not a problem.

pick up / drop off stop only

Except to the airport. Not allowed do city to maynooth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement