Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon tattoo

• 15-05-2013 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering, I know denny got a charizard tattoo done, if I recall correcttly, or someone did. I was wondering was that Dublin based? How much was it etc? I really fancy either a charizard or a typhlosion, but I imagine it'll be easier to get a charizard since everyone knows charizard, so I'm asking as a general question rather than just PM'ing denny :p

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have Charmander and Charmeleon now too :P The person that did my Charizard was doing an apprenticeship at the time, so I think I got it for 50, and then getting Charmander and Charmeleon were done together, I think those came to a bit over 100 (same person again). It helps that they are big into Pokémon too :D I got them done in Longford, cause that's where I live.

As for ease of doing it, it doesn't really matter which people know more to be honest, you can bring in a picture to the parlour, and the place would be able to give you a solid idea of a price once you have a size more or less settled on. Now, for places in Dublin I'm not really sure of what places would be the best, so I'd suggest asking a few of the folks in the T&P forum, they'd have a better idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Now I want that. Even if it would make a copy cat. I dunno, I think charizard would be cooler, since every knows charizard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well it's all up to you, I wouldn't consider it a copycat cause Charizard is awesome enough for everyone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Fair enough so. 100 sounds reasonable enough, but the tattoo forum is the best place to ask?

As I said, there's people there would have the best idea of tattooists and parlours in Dublin, so they'd be a lot more helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

defo. go to the tattoo forum for prices, I'm thinking of getting eeveelutions done along side of ribs or a sleeve myself XD, but I always wait at least 6 months before going through with a tattoo, just in case of mind change ..
    __

btw, I wouldn't worry about what other people know, typhlosion would still look cool even if most people wouldn't know it's a pokemon/name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I have a tattoo of pikachu but an apprentice did mine so it cost nothing.

When shopping for a tattoo don't just go to the cheapest place, in general good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good. For something colourful like typhlosion I'd highly recommend colourworks in temple bar. Rob in there done my sonic tattoo and it's awesome. The colours are still strong a couple of years later.

Also gonna move this thread to tattoos & piercings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

*BUMP* :D

My next tattoo is actually going to be Pokemon too :) I'm thinking Charmander, Cyndaquil and Torchic together :)

Not sure where to get it though :/ Any ideas? Also it will be my first really colourful piece, if anyone is from the Limerick area where would be the best place in the city to get it done/where to avoid? My last 2 were done by Damien in LivingArt and I love them both. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

*BUMP* :D

My next tattoo is actually going to be Pokemon too :) I'm thinking Charmander, Cyndaquil and Torchic together :)

Not sure where to get it though :/ Any ideas? Also it will be my first really colourful piece, if anyone is from the Limerick area where would be the best place in the city to get it done/where to avoid? My last 2 were done by Damien in LivingArt and I love them both. :)

Ross Nagle in All Star Ink seems to be the best in Limerick, but if you're wanting vivid colour work, I'd suggest going to Dublin to get tattooed by Rob Mulligan in Colourworks, he's fantastic with colour. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Ross Nagle in All Star Ink seems to be the best in Limerick, but if you're wanting vivid colour work, I'd suggest going to Dublin to get tattooed by Rob Mulligan in Colourworks, he's fantastic with colour. :)

Ross is away at the moment. I'd second both though. Another from Dublin is Tomash in Hydraulix. He has some really nice colour pieces.

In limerick, High on Ink has a good reputation but I don't know any of the artists working there now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Orim wrote: »
    Ross is away at the
    moment. I'd second both though. Another from Dublin is Tomash in
    Hydraulix. He has some really nice colour pieces.

In limerick, High on Ink has a good reputation but I don't know any of
    the artists working there now.

Tomash has a waiting list, Marty will be waiting til September for him, just to warn ya, hybrid

Advertisement