Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HDMI on UPC multiroom boxes

• 15-05-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

My ancient UPC multiroom box appears to have died and a service call is scheduled for this weekend where it is likely a new box will be installed. The old box had only a scart connection, do the new ones have HDMI or are they still scart only?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

quenching wrote: »
    My ancient UPC multiroom box appears to have died and a service call is scheduled for this weekend where it is likely a new box will be installed. The old box had only a scart connection, do the new ones have HDMI or are they still scart only?

HD box or the horizon box has HDMI.

The SD+ boxes are not HDMI, just scart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Davy wrote: »
    HD box or the horizon box has HDMI.

The SD+ boxes are not HDMI, just scart

Thanks Davy, the current multiroom box isn't HD or a DVR, just essentially a SD TV tuner. I presume the replacement box will be the same. However, I pay the extra HD subscription for the Horizon box I have on trial, do you think I should request a HD box for the second room?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

<<<<How can I get UPC HD?

All you need is a HD Ready TV and our HD set top box to enjoy our fantastic selection of channels in HD.>>>>

My friend recently decided she no longer required the 2nd stb. So UPC removed it but they also took the HD Cisco box which they replaced with a Thomson with no HDMI connection. I thought we were entitled to watch RTE HD & TG4 HD (see above).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Mearings wrote: »
    My friend recently decided she no longer required the 2nd stb. So UPC removed it but they also took the HD Cisco box which they replaced with a Thomson with no HDMI connection. I thought we were entitled to watch RTE HD & TG4 HD (see above).

It sounds like she made an assumption that proved to be incorrect. She must have decided to drop her HD subscription thinking that she was 'entitled' (I'm quoting you there) to watch RTE2 and TG4 in HD but UPC decided to call her bluff and leave her with a non-HD box.

I don't think you are 'entitled' to the basic HD channels if you're not paying a HD subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

Thanks, it was I who thought all customers were in entitled to homegrown HD
    channels . My friend has never subscribed to HD service but received RTE HD & TG4 Hd.
    I pay for BBC, Sky News, MGM etc in HD. I thought I had read on these pages
    that anything available on Saorview had to be on UPC tv. Not HD obviously.

• Advertisement
Advertisement