Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Irish Musicians Registry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Looking at some of the musicians available, many don't have their location. Really, it should be mandatory on stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnnyjukebox

Location was added to the registration form after the first batch of profile uploads (which will be updated to include the locations) Thanks for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 davedrum

A Blues spot would be nice !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 cathal02

Hi Johnny,

One thing that put me off was having to restrict yourself to e.g. rock or jazz. Many seasoned players are comfortable across several genres, better to allow musicians to tick all the boxes they can? Also some major categories are missing such as blues, gypsy jazz, country (not all country is bad :) )

Best,

Cathal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

While I agree with that (there's some I'd like instead of just metal / rock or whatever), you can run the risk of having too many choices. I get why there's no folk punk, doom, sludge, so on, categories. The other side of that coin is being able to input your own styles textually, maybe as a tag cloud system or whatever, but then if someone accidentally spells something wrong it might as well not be there. Not sure I explained that very well at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭bluevoice

I agree, after having taken a look and figured out my style doesn't fit into any of the categories categorically. Maybe a couple more options?

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated
    I know what you mean about the categories. I tried to deal with that on the registration form menu with the Specific style or Other options.
    So theoretically you could list yourself as Rock > Blues; or Jazz >Blues; or Other > Just Blues! if you know what i mean.
    I think the specific instrument takes priority at this stage of development
    The site is only up a week so i will tweak as i go along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 cathal02

Thanks Johnny, Fair Play, hope it takes off, seems to be doing well already giving the number of members!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 hihat

I have created this not for profit website to connect musicians with each other and potential employers

http://www.irishmusiciansregistry.com/

any feedback would be welcomed

Looks like more of a taxman social welfare trap if ya ask me,

There's plenty of sites already knocking about,

hihat wrote: »
    Looks like more of a taxman social welfare trap if ya ask me,

There's plenty of sites already knocking about,

If anything it is evidence that you are looking for work.
    The more sites the better surely?

• Advertisement
Advertisement