Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo

• 15-05-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

i would like to get a professional to make a logo for my small business

what would the approx cost

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

i would like to get a professional to make a logo for my small business

what would the approx cost

That's a question with 100s of answers. I've seen people charge huge amounts for logos (€1000+) and others charging below €100.
    The more you spend, doesn't mean the better it is though. Some people are just out to chance their arm, and sometimes get away with it.
    If you're looking for a good deal, freelancers, like myself, would 9 times out of 10, give a much cheaper going rate than a studio would. Final product will be the same, with all the normal files, etc. Normally get it quicker too.
    It's worth shopping around. Look for the best quality, rather than the cheapest rate.
    Lots of talented designers around that wouldn't have any trouble with a project like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Moofster

As Mister Man said, there is an infinite number of answers... if you have a small budget, go for a freelance artist it'll be cheaper. But take your time to shop, you don't want to end up with something cheap-looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Mister Man wrote: »
    That's a question with 100s of answers. I've seen people charge huge amounts for logos (€1000+) and others charging below €100.
    The more you spend, doesn't mean the better it is though. Some people are just out to chance their arm, and sometimes get away with it.
    If you're looking for a good deal, freelancers, like myself, would 9 times out of 10, give a much cheaper going rate than a studio would. Final product will be the same, with all the normal files, etc. Normally get it quicker too.
    It's worth shopping around. Look for the best quality, rather than the cheapest rate.
    Lots of talented designers around that wouldn't have any trouble with a project like this.

It's not a given, no, like in any profession. However, generally, it does.

The more money put towards the project, the more time a designer (or design agency) can spend researching your brand, your competitors etc, to come up with the best possible solution across various mediums.

Too many people assume it's a case of going in to Illustrator or Photoshop and blasting out a design in an hour. Like the Web Design industry, graphic designers (especially freelance) are massively under-appreciated for the amount of work that's involved.

My advice - choosing someone who has a good reputation and solid clients, is just as important as someone who's work you like. You may be the one paying, but 'what you like' is not always the best solution. Have a chat with whichever designer you choose and discuss what you want your logo to represent to potential clients. First impressions count. A great logo can do wonders for a business.

Just my personal opinion of course, but I'd question any designer who can afford to do a logo for under €100.

OP - if you've any questions, drop me a PM.

Advertisement