Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did the bus strike effect you?

• 15-05-2013 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Well I had to thumb from Carlow everyday and I hate public transport as it is!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is it over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

No. It didn't affect me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 very foggy lad

kneemos wrote: »
    Is it over?

For a while..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

JJ kavanaghs provide service from Carlow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

For a while..

So it's starting again?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It affected a few people I know that commute into Dublin everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

no. I don't do buses...:p

JJ kavanaghs provide service from Carlow.

But the price the price. I am very thrifty. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Nope. I don't do peasant travel :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

No i think after it they should cut their wages more. Teach them a lesson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Oh look, a pov thread...how quaint...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Traffic was heavier around the airport due to bus **** having to use their cars (or get lifts).

That's about it. Havent been on a bus eireann bus in years

Hootanany wrote: »

Agreed totally I hate them.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

no, havent used public transport since i finished skool about 10 years ago. Isnt it for, emm? how does one say? common folk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

It made me cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

am unable to access any form of public transport and am in the wrong country to start off with so no it didnt directly effect,however have heard a ton of complaints about the buses on FB feed thing..whatever they call it.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

No, I just walk everywhere or if its very far I tend to use a private bus company.

Not in the slightest. On the very rare occasions I don't want to use the car I would use city link or air coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ShelTomato

Not in the slightest. Always get JJ Kavanagh from Carlow - Dublin, €15 return. Other times i get the Sillan bus from Dublin - Cavan, €17 return

Bus Eireann routes seem to take twice as long and cost way too much compared to other services, they need to be more competitive with their prices to get customers back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

The fellow who was shown on RTE saying "We will let you pass as long as there are no passengers on the bus"

It was a private bus company.

They should have ran over him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It affected me , get the bus to work each day as it's very quick (When not stuck in Traffic)

Was hoping they'd sack the lot of them. Their drivers are the rudest bunch of people I've ever dealt with.
    But they did inspire me to buy a Car lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Nope,

I drive a car, pleb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Haha Bus Eireann strike. What was it for? Were they protesting about actually having to provide a viable public transport service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭VanishingActs

Thankfully, no. The buses were running again just in time for me to get back to college for my exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

In Athlone I found the headlines "Bus Eireann Strike" very useful, because that way I knew the bus was definitely not coming, as opposed to the rest of the time when it might come or it might not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

45k a year to drive a feckin bus

Gardai should have got the batons out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Hootanany wrote: »
    Agreed totally I hate them.:mad:

They're striking cos the Bus Eireann management won't cut their wages as well, it's only lower-level staff taking the hit. Although the hour walk to Galway city from Briarhill was annoying, I actually agreed with the strike on principle.

It's far too easy to criticize without the facts. The bus rates are hiked every year even in a recession and the suits and tie management won't take their share of the cuts in wages. I wonder if they get nice bonuses too...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

ShelTomato wrote: »
    Not in the slightest. Always get JJ Kavanagh from Carlow - Dublin, €15 return. Other times i get the Sillan bus from Dublin - Cavan, €17 return

Bus Eireann routes seem to take twice as long and cost way too much compared to other services, they need to be more competitive with their prices to get customers back.

Mullingar to Dublin used to take an hour and 10 mins on the express 5 years ago now takes 1 hour 35 mins due to it going via the airport then into the city. I stopped taking the bus a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

45k a year to drive a feckin bus

Gardai should have got the batons out

and the nurses and teachers.

Don't use the bus myself and couldn't vote in your poll.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I live in Dublin and own a bike, can honestly say it didn't affect me in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Yes.
    On Monday I bit the bullet and drove to work in Dublin for the first time ever. Haven't been back on the bus since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Not really but did have to leave earlier than i would have for an exam. Poor choice of timing to strike from a public sympathy point view.

Advertisement