Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cool cafes in Central Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

What about places in Ranelagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Shane732 wrote: »
    What about places in Ranelagh?

Would appreciate any thoughts you might have...

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Cinnamon in Ranelagh. Anyone been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

liffeylite wrote: »
    Cinnamon in Ranelagh. Anyone been?

Nope, and I don't think I would.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/tag/cinnamon/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 handtight

Two good city centre cafes are Coppa in the RHA Gallery Ely Place- sandwiches are tasty and different to usual run of cafe 'panini'. Also laptop friendly. Similarly the Cafe in the Science Gallery open 7 daze, decent coffee though the food is mainstream

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

anyone know of a good one in the city center with air conditioning? need to do some work and want some coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

I love the cake Cafe on camden street, in behind the daintree card shop. Lovely setting, delicious food and really pleasant staff. What more could you ask for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

EyeSight wrote: »
    anyone know of a good one in the city center with air conditioning? need to do some work and want some coffee

When the OP chose the thread title back in May, little did anyone know what type of "cool cafe" we'd need in July! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

anyone know the name of the all you can eat buffet opened about 6 weeks ago in O Connoll street??

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Anyone been to the new German café on Drury Street?

Kaph - does green tea Latte apparently...

Next door to Coco Atalier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Brother Hubbard has gone way downhill in the last month.

Seems to be a lot of staff changes, and the new menu has shortened the options considerably while allowing for price increases (adding salads onto sandwiches which you could get on their own before). Ended up paying 25 euro for a breakfast for two in there one morning which wasn't really that extravagant. Will give it another chance but I think I'll explore some of the places mentioned in this thread first before I do.

Still, lovely food all the same. The place just moved out of my price bracket as a reasonable place to grab breakfast on a Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

Anyone know what the story is with Tiesan Café on Harrington St?

Are they closed down or on holiday?

They seemed to be doing pretty okay apart from the mammoth waiting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭emilyjmc

Nechtan wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with Tiesan Café on Harrington St?

Are they closed down or on holiday?

They seemed to be doing pretty okay apart from the mammoth waiting times.

According to their facebook they closed beginning of July :(

Shame, it was a great local cafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nechtan

emilyjmc wrote: »
    According to their facebook they closed beginning of July :(

Shame, it was a great local cafe.

Sad to hear. Really liked the food there. Only negative was the shambolic service, nice staff but a breakfast order could regularly take well over an hour to arrive. I often thought they must be missing out on a lot of custom by having tables occupied so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Any good ones open late in the evenings (like up to 9 or 10pm)?
    It seems most cafés in Ireland seem to work very conservative hours which is a disappointment.
    In particular interested in ones which open late on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Not sure about the 'cool' cafés listed, but Starbucks in town are all open until 9pm. Handy if you need wifi too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Aard wrote: »
    Not sure about the 'cool' cafés listed, but Starbucks in town are all open until 9pm. Handy if you need wifi too.

Thanks for your suggestion but I wouldn't darken their door. No I'm really looking for a place I can get a proper coffee with freshly roasted beans and knowledgeable barristas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Yes there's few of them about, and even fewer that open late. I was talking to the lady in Clement & Pekoe and she said they close earlier on a Friday than the rest of the week because everybody starts hitting the pubs. I'd imagine it's a similar deal with Saturdays -- people heading off to the boozer instead of cafés. Unfortunate really.

Actually, afaik Accents on Stephen's Street are open late, but I can't comment on their coffee.

Advertisement