Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Force-charging an old iPod?

• 15-05-2013 9:00pm

Just have a clearout and came across a third generation (I think, it has rewind, menu, play and fastforward above the scroll wheel. Anyway, rather unsurprisingly after at least 5 years lying unused it isn't responding when connected to a Laptop via USB. Has anyone got any ideas on how to get around this or should I just get rid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

I would say the battery has had it and not worth replacing it would be cheaper to buy a new one.

Yeah I have one that I use anyway, was more just a curiosity thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

From what I understand USB is not as powerful as using an apple charger, so if u have one try that. Also don't give up after 5 min, leave it charging a good while. If that fails it wouldn't surprise me if a battery replacement on that is easy (dunno for sure) and you might find replacement batt on eBay/amazon/dx.com for little money.

Advertisement