Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardaire Springs Trout fishery

Options
  • 15-05-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hello!

Im thinking of going to Ardaire springs fishery Any good? what type of hatches do they have sedges may flies etc? can you give me some info and some tactics to use going there in 2 weeks thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭wgsten

Your best bet is to call Ned Maher (fishery owner) before you go he will give you all the up to date info you need regarding what is hatching, what flies are working best and tactics etc.
    Ned Maher, Adaire Springs

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭mikeweed

I have fished there a few time, handy size lake, great sport, strong fighting browns and rainbow, I have had fish on Neon Damsel, Blue Flash Damsel, Buzzers, Dark Klinkhammers, Black Nats, actually any dark dry fly will get fish. Ned is a gent to deal with, good advice and he wants to make sure that everybody that fishes there has a good day. Very good facilities there, flies, rods, lines etc, free coffee, toilet, seats and even a BBQ if you want to cook your fish. Ned will even freeze your catch so you take it away fresh with you at the end of your day. You don't have to be the best fly fisherman ever either, a lot of the big browns hug the banks 25Lbs plus....on my 3 visits there first day landed 10, lost 4-5, 2nd day, 8 lost 3-4 and last time it was freezing and windy as hell and still landed 5 and lost a few. I was loosing them cause the leader I was using wasn't able for the takes, they hit like a train, some sport. And all for €20. some value and I have to drive from Dungarvan, Co. Waterford and its well worth the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Eriesniper

Thanks im going there for 5 days thanks

Advertisement