Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Clever-hotels.com"

Options
  • 15-05-2013 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Has anyone used the website "clever-hotels.com" (German site) to book a hotel? If you have anything good, bad or indifferent to say about them please let me know here or via PM; very concerned :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

used them to book 2 weeks in cancun, had no issues, emailed the hotel to make sure they got booked and they had it, brought voucher with me and all was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭xpletiv

As BrightKane said, if youre ever in doubt, call the place after you make the booking to make sure they got it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 tadhgenright

I used them to book a hotel in Argentina. They came up as the cheapest via Trivago. No problems whatsoever with the booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

booking.com was, is and will be the cheapest and direct option for booking accomodation.

trivago - is just another comparing site. nothing about real booking with them. they redirecting to the site you will book. and usually booking.com is cheapest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I used this very company to book a hotel in Reykavik last month. THEN I read up online and saw people giving out loads about them.

I emailed the hotel directly asking them to confirm the booking was in order and they confirmed it was. They charged me 320 euro for two, for three nights B&B in the Radisson SAS Blu in Rekyavik where everyone else on Trivago.com was charging around €500.

When I checked in last Thursday, I handed in the emailed voucher and everything was fine. No problems whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

andersat2 wrote: »
    booking.com was, is and will be the cheapest and direct option for booking accomodation.

trivago - is just another comparing site. nothing about real booking with them. they redirecting to the site you will book. and usually booking.com is cheapest

Booking.com came in much more expensive for me. I was talking to a couple of girls on a tour I did and the same double room in the hotel cost them 480 euro, I paid 320 !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭snowgal

dont agree about booking.com either. they're hit and miss. last time I was away I discovered I paid €100 more per night from booking.com! raging!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - stay on topic please. This is not a thread to discuss booking.com

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I made a booking today but got no confirmation email,
    Their website now appears to be down, very worried.

What can I do?
    I have emailed them and the hotel waiting on replies.
    Will call them tomorrow but think my 360euro may be gone,

AIB have informed me that they can not do anything about it but I should email them on the day when I go to the hotel if they dont honour it, seems like they are fobbing me off.

#worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dkd

don't book through clever hotels . com got caught out last week end they never booked the hotel for me hotel said they never heard of them but got lots of complaints about them after two phone calls loads of emails no vouchers no response bank as usual could not do anything credit card company said put it in writing and they would see if they could do any thing then got response from clever hotels to say they will refund my money im still waiting :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Catalpa1

I've used Trivago to get hotels in Spain, and the USA like others I rang the hotel to confirm which they did, then I simply turned up and booked in. Trivago were way cheaper for me but always shop around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Just got this email from the company I booked my first family holiday with. We're due to fly on Thursday and I have no idea now where I stand.
    Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that Navelar GmbH had to file for insolvency on 22.08.2013. The preliminary insolvency administrator of the company has immediately started negotiations with the main contractual partners of Navelar, but unfortunately these negotiations have been terminated without a solution.

The companies, through which Navelar has booked hotel rooms for its customers, have announced this afternoon that they will cancel all bookings of Navelar. Your booking will probably be affected as well.

We can’t assess how quickly your personal booking can be cancelled by our partner, as this cancellation period has been negotiated between our wholesale partner and the individual hotel, but we deem it possible that you might be requested to pay again to the hotel directly.

We therefore expect that you may have claims for reimbursement of your travel costs against Navelar GmbH. According to German legislation these claims can be filed only in the ‘insolvency table’. Once the liquidation proceedings will be opened (probably in October / November, 2013), the insolvency administrator will send you forms to submit your claims. Please be informed that prior registration is not possible for legal reasons.

Due to the large number of stakeholders, we kindly ask you to refrain from contacting Navelar by telephone. Please contact our email account info@clever-hotels.com for enquiries instead. Owing to the expected high volume of enquiries the processing time might be longer than usual.

We are aware that this situation will bring significant hardship for you and we sincerely apologize for this situation. Unfortunately there are no feasible alternative solutions, because of the insolvency of the company.

Kind regards,

Navelar GmbH

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Did you take out travel insurance before you booked the holiday?

hdowney wrote: »
    Did you take out travel insurance before you booked the holiday?

Nope. We are on a total shoestring and it was very much a last minute booking.

I've been emailing my hotel and to their credit I've sent and received multiple emails in the last hour.

Here's the transcript with the names etc removed. (the oldest one is at the bottom)
    Thanks xxx.

I have printed my voucher already so I will bring it with me. Will you please let me know if anything changes with my booking.

Thank you again for the very fast responses.

xxx

Hi,
    as soon as I have no cancellation, your booking is valid. Remember you must hand the hotel voucher to the reception on arrival. The voucher is the validation of your payment.
    Sincerely,
    xxx

xxx
    Hi xxx

Thank you for your reply.

How can I confirm this now? I am due to fly from Ireland next Thursday and I'm very unsure of what to do. If I do have to pay you again how much will my stay cost me?

Thanks
    xxx

xxx

Dear xxx
    thank you for your booking with xxx. We can confirm that we have your booking in our system. Regarding payment, we cannot confirm as you are not a direct payer to us.
    Sincerely,
    xxx

xxx

xxx
    Hello.

I have just received an email from clever-hotels.com to say that they have gone into administration. I would like you to confirm that my booking has been made with you and that I am fully paid. The booking reference is;

BOOKING REFERENCE: xxx
    Agencyreference: xxx

Thanks in advance

xxx1

That seems to leave me in limbo. The original email from clever hotels said that the wholesaler is cancelling the bookings but the hotel say it's still valid for now with my reservation voucher.

I'm worried now that it'll be cancelled late next week before I arrive leaving me up the creek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Got one of these emails also. Rang the hotel in Galway and they have the booking. Email says booking will be cancelled so hotel know nothing yet. Could be easier to get a chargeback done on visa (which could take a while) and rebook hotel independently.

My only issue is a refund at this stage as hotel has loads of rooms free

greenman09 wrote: »
    Got one of these emails also. Rang the hotel in Galway and they have the booking. Email says booking will be cancelled so hotel know nothing yet. Could be easier to get a chargeback done on visa (which could take a while) and rebook hotel independently.

My only issue is a refund at this stage as hotel has loads of rooms free

I wish it was that easy for me.

If my hotel does get cancelled then I will not be able to afford to book another one this week. It was super tight as it was and if I don't go, apart from the disappointed kids I'll have paid for the flights which I'll lose out on too.

I paid mine on a Visa debit too so I doubt I'll be able to get any refund that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I think you are on a hit and hope then. No insurance to fall back on and Visa Debit.. I dunno how easy it is to get a chargeback with them compared to a proper credit card. I hope everything works out for you though

Thanks dude. Sick with worry here tbh.

Question from another person who got the same email.

If anyone can help him it would be great.
    I booked with Budget Travel (who are 100% fully bonded). I used my own debit card and contact details. Yet my gfriend receives the above mail despite never having any dealings with that site at all, Budget travel don't even have her email.

What is the liability of a fully bonded travel agent in this case do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Teileen

They have gone into liquidation apparently.. What this means for my booking I have no idea...doesn't look good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Teileen wrote: »
    They have gone into liquidation apparently.. What this means for my booking I have no idea...doesn't look good

DELETED comment as merging of threads made it clearer that it was Clever Hotels only discussed

Yes but clever hotels.com are not

Just heard from my hotel..my booking was cancelled...& the money has been taken out of my account,
    I found this company through Trivago...what do they have to say about the situation?

Teileen - how did you pay for your booking?

I used my credit card. Will this make a difference>

Yes, get in touch with your credit card provider and explain the situation. Ask them to initiate a chargeback for the transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 barcon11

CH3OH wrote: »
    For clarity: it is Clever Hotels (Navelar GmbH) who have filed for insolvency.

Trivago are fine!

-- what does this mean ??? ive booked through olotels on the tripadvisor website :confused: but got an email about "clever hotels" ... ive never booked a room though clever hotels .. have they sold olotels or tripadvisor a room :confused::confused: can some one help ??? where does that leave me and my engaugement suprise trip ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12 barcon11

dudara wrote: »
    Teileen - how did you pay for your booking?

does it make a differnce with regards to paying with credit or debt card ???
    is one easier than the other to charge back ??:confused:

I know that you couldn't initiate a chargeback with the old Laser debit cards. I'm not 100% certain what the story is at the moment with the new Mastercard & Visa debit cards. I need to research it, or perhaps another poster could help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Booked a hotel in Vegas for my parents and just saw this now. Here's the best bit, they fly out in the morning. I've just rang the hotel and their reservation is indeed canceled. I got no email off clever hotels and just came across the news by chance this afternoon. What a mess this is.

Advertisement