Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Clever-hotels.com"

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Just an update on my situation.

I'm leaving tomorrow but the room was indeed cancelled. We spoke to the hotel and they are going to keep us a room but we'll have to pay for it and we have to pay 60 odd euro more than we already had paid which is a pain. I contacted Ulster Bank as they do offer Visa Debit protection. They are sending me out claim forms and the lady I spoke to seemed to think I would get refunded by them. Doesn't much help in the short term but eventually it'll be sorted hopefully.
    Free protection for your purchases
    When using your Ulster Bank Visa Debit card to pay for goods/services and they fail to arrive or are damaged when you receive them we may be able to help you recover the payment. This protection includes purchases from companies that have gone into administration and purchases made using the internet, where the goods have not been received.
    You must contact the retailer first to try and resolve the problem. If this is unsuccessful then please contact us on 1890 252 968

Hope that helps people. Also, Print and save all your emails for the claim case.

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got my visa debit refunded today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Teileen

Well done!
    My credit card company haven't even sent me a claim form yet even though I have phoned them 3 times. Annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Teileen wrote: »
    Well done!
    My credit card company haven't even sent me a claim form yet even though I have phoned them 3 times. Annoying!
    A bit of a pain alright.
    I went straight in to the bank and they sent it off for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Teileen

My chargeback from Clever Hotels finally came through....delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Ok, that makes sense. Presumably Hotelbeds weren't paid by Clever-hotels.

Great news that the Visa Debit chargeback will work for you! :)
    `
    Depending on the contract and the volume of bookings that the site would make with a particular bedbank (hotelbeds in this case) the website may well be on credit terms so hotelbeds may not actually bill the site until after the client stay. This may not be the case but its a pretty safe assumption that clever hotels are the ones with the money and not hotelbeds/hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hurleytom

Tippex wrote: »
    `
    Depending on the contract and the volume of bookings that the site would make with a particular bedbank (hotelbeds in this case) the website may well be on credit terms so hotelbeds may not actually bill the site until after the client stay. This may not be the case but its a pretty safe assumption that clever hotels are the ones with the money and not hotelbeds/hotel.
    In my case, Hotelbeds had paid the hotel but (presumably) had not received the money from Clever Hotels. Hotelbeds then got a refund from the hotel and cancelled the booking

In any event, those who paid with Visa Debit or with credit cards appear to be getting their money back.

Me being a world class muppet got the forms from the bank, filled them out and forgot to post them away for ages. I hope there's not a time limit on them.

Just wondering, has anyone received the refund/claim forms from the administrator? The were supposed to send it out around this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Just tried to confirm hotel room for Dublin tomorrow and had unfortunately booked on Trivago with clever hotels and only now have I seen what's happened with them. Had no email about this. Have had to book another room at nearly 3 times the original cost.

Is there a time limit on the charge back of booking I made in July

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jollyjoe

Who are the administrators for this company,I can't find it anywhere and my Santander visa won't give me a refund until I know this. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Jollyjoe wrote: »
    Who are the administrators for this company,I can't find it anywhere and my Santander visa won't give me a refund until I know this. Thank you.

http://www.sjpp.de/Information_fuer_Kunden_der_Navelar_GmbH01112013.pdf

Dr. Dietmar Penzlin
    Insolvency administrator
    Attorney-at-Law (Germany)

He works for this crowd:
    Schmidt-Jortzig Petersen Penzlin

Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaftsgesellschaft
    Alstertor 9
    20095 Hamburg
    Tel: +49 (40) 3095 496 - 0
    Fax: +49 (40) 3095 496 - 50

info@sjpp.de

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jollyjoe

http://www.sjpp.de/Information_fuer_Kunden_der_Navelar_GmbH01112013.pdf

Dr. Dietmar Penzlin
    Insolvency administrator
    Attorney-at-Law (Germany)

He works for this crowd:
    Schmidt-Jortzig Petersen Penzlin

Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaftsgesellschaft
    Alstertor 9
    20095 Hamburg
    Tel: +49 (40) 3095 496 - 0
    Fax: +49 (40) 3095 496 - 50

info@sjpp.de
    Thank you keithclancy,this is just the information I needed.

thomasm wrote: »
    Just tried to confirm hotel room for Dublin tomorrow and had unfortunately booked on Trivago with clever hotels and only now have I seen what's happened with them. Had no email about this. Have had to book another room at nearly 3 times the original cost.

Is there a time limit on the charge back of booking I made in July

I only sent off my charge back forms a few weeks ago and I already got my refund. Ulster bank FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I booked a hotel via Credit Card (long stay, approx €1250) through clever-hotels.com a few months ago and now see on their website that they have gone into Insolvency in Germany.

So I rang the hotel, they don't have my booking, so obviously I will have to book again.

For the refund, this article reccomended I get in touch with my credit card..."Customers who paid with credit and debit cards are likely to be able to reclaim the money through the card issuer, though this could take some time."

Reading another article they seem to back up that idea "Bank of Ireland said: “We don’t have a time limit, but customers requesting chargebacks need to be able to prove that the provider has gone bust and that they won’t be receiving the goods they’ve paid for.”"

So I'm wondering, has anyone done this process before? Is it Visa or BoI I should be calling? Is there a limit on the value of chargebacks in Ireland? Any help/advice would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,399 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I may be answering my own query here, but on the BOI website, it has the following FAQ's...
    What do I do if a company goes into liquidation, and I have purchased a service/product from them using my credit card?
    Close answer
    If a company goes into liquidation, you may have chargeback rights for goods/services paid for on your credit card but not yet received. In order for us to investigate this on your behalf please contact us and send us details including the invoice for the purchase, proof of payment, confirmation from the liquidation company stating that the goods/services will not be provided and that they will not be able to reimburse you, and a cover letter stating that you have attempted to contact the merchant. Please forward the above documentation to: Bank of Ireland, Chargebacks Department, 2nd Floor, Operations Centre, Cabinteely, Dublin 18

Still, anyone with any experience using this please let me know how it turns out. My hotel stay is due to start 2 weeks from today. Do I need to have everything sorted by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged

dudara

I got a form in the post this week from the german law firm about making a claim. I've already got my money back through Ulster bank so should I just ignore this or do I have to try to get the money back for the Bank?

I'd love to get it back twice but I just can't see that happening! lol

Advertisement