Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hours involved in full time masters in sociology, NUIG?

Options
  • 15-05-2013 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering how possible it is to work full time/part time and get top marks in a Masters, and what the contact hours and work load is like. If anyone has any knowledge first or second hand, I'd really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I don't go to NUIG so I don't know anything about that specific course, but I do know about working on top of trying to get a first in your masters. I'm doing mine at the moment and working 20 hours a week as well to pay off my loan. I'm aiming for a first but the amount of work involved to get high marks in everything you submit is insanely challening. You need to be extremely focused and committed and really good at time management! (well, in my experience anyway) and I only work part-time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A masters of any sort is a pretty big commitment and a lot of work. From my own MSc experiences, doing well while holding a part time job as well would be possible, but don't expect to have much of a social life outside either. You'll pretty much be spending all your time working or studying.

Advertisement