Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to have a pint in Cork airport?

Options
  • 15-05-2013 10:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34

One of my mates is flying out on Friday at about 1pm. He'll be in the airport around ten ish I'd say. I'm thinking of meeting up with him for a final pint of the black shtuff. Would that be possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Yeah there is a pub upstairs by security.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 feckinfecker

Would it be open before 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Would it be open before 12?

I think it is. It has different hours to regular pubs. I remember a group of us going up there after my grads for some really late night pints. That was a LONG LONG time ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I was in the airport for a 7am flight less than 3 weeks ago, and the place was mobbed with a couple of (I can only assume) hen and bachelor parties heading off to Malaga. The pub was doing a flying trade, so its' definitely open and serving early in the morning.

ETA: The pub is behind security though as Hogzy says, so you won't be able to meet him unless you're flying too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 feckinfecker

corblimey wrote: »
    I was in the airport for a 7am flight less than 3 weeks ago, and the place was mobbed with a couple of (I can only assume) hen and bachelor parties heading off to Malaga. The pub was doing a flying trade, so its' definitely open and serving early in the morning.

ETA: The pub is behind security though as Hogzy says, so you won't be able to meet him unless you're flying too.

He said by security, not behind it!

Fuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

There are two bars in cork airport.... 1 is upstairs on the right hand side.(theres a seating area which serves food then in the centre and security is on the left.

The second bar is AFTER security and is open 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

MrMac84 wrote: »

...ironically the 24/7 one is called 'The Last Call'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

The Red Bar is at the top of the stairs before security and is open to all, I think it opens around 10am so you should be ok.

The other bar, The Last Call is airside of security and isn't actually 24/7, they are open until the last flight call, hence the name. I know this because my flight was delayed and finally cancelled late at night and as soon as the announcement came over the tannoy they immediately cleared us out stating that they are contractually bound to stay open if there is still a flight pending, but as soon as the last flight is called, they can close

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

There are two bars in cork airport.... 1 is upstairs on the right hand side.(theres a seating area which serves food then in the centre and security is on the left.

Man, I have never noticed a bar upstairs before security. Maybe the last thing I'm thinking about at 7 in the morning is a pint. Does this mean I'm growing up?

Man, I have never noticed a bar upstairs before security. Maybe the last thing I'm thinking about at 7 in the morning is a pint. Does this mean I'm growing up?

It's quite possibly closed at 7am but 100% at the top of the stairs when you turn left too Q for secuirity theres a bar on the right!

• Advertisement

It's quite possibly closed at 7am but 100% at the top of the stairs when you turn left too Q for secuirity theres a bar on the right!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Not sure what time it opens but you can even have a pint with jack charlton up there these days

.red. wrote: »
    Not sure what time it opens but you can even have a pint with jack charlton up there these days

Well I'm off too Majorca Sunday afternoon so as a part of research ill have a drink in every bar up there and report back in a week 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

€5:10 for Heineken 🍺🍺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

soundsham wrote: »
    €5:10 for Heineken 🍺🍺

I often wonder why people pay pub prices in airport when you can go into the First Class lounge for €25, ok only bottle beers but shorts and minerals and plenty of Pringles.

infosys wrote: »
    I often wonder why people pay pub prices in airport when you can go into the First Class lounge for €25, ok only bottle beers but shorts and minerals and plenty of Pringles.

For free?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

I wouldn't call €25 free.

I wouldn't call €25 free.

I ment you can drink as much as you like once your in there for free?

I ment you can drink as much as you like once your in there for free?

Yup it's 3 hours max but drink what you want I would not do the dog on it.

Why not?how do you book it?where in the airport is it located?

• Advertisement

Why not?how do you book it?where in the airport is it located?

http://www.corkairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/facilities-services/jack-lynch-departure-lounge.aspx

I would not do the dog on it as if you get loud don't be surprised if you get thrown out its a very quiet and relaxed place.

BTW most Airports have a lounge that gives paid access, another option is http://www.prioritypass.com/ is you travel a lot.

Some lounges say they have a drink limit, so would not be surprised if they saw someone taking the piss and then said goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

http://www.corkairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/facilities-services/jack-lynch-departure-lounge.aspx

I would not do the dog on it as if you get loud don't be surprised if you get thrown out its a very quiet and relaxed place.

BTW most Airports have a lounge that gives paid access, another option is http://www.prioritypass.com/ is you travel a lot.

Some lounges say they have a drink limit, so would not be surprised if they saw someone taking the piss and then said goodbye.

Well me and the Miss's are heading away in Aug with no kiddies so thinking about booking this as a surprise and haven a few in there instead if the bar before we leave.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

At €25 each, you'd be wanting to have more than 5 drinks each for it to be worth your while, tbh. If it's the case that you'd like to have a couple of drinks before departing, you'd be much better off to just have them in the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Faith wrote: »
    At €25 each, you'd be wanting to have more than 5 drinks each for it to be worth your while, tbh. If it's the case that you'd like to have a couple of drinks before departing, you'd be much better off to just have them in the bar.
    The prices in the bar are very high. If you like a spirit and coke and would have 3/4 before the flight its worth the €25.
    As said, its all bottles and spirits but lots of fresh fruit and snacks in there too so you can fill up. Stick a few bits in your bag too and save on the airline prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

I'm a big fan of the lounge in Cork Airport. Once you are in you have your alcoholic drinks but also pastries, snacks, coffees, jucies, newspapers and internet pcs. As another poster mentioned however it is a quiet place, often frequented by business travellers to get some work done before their flight.

If you are at the airport 2-3 hours before boarding then pay per use works out at reasonable value. However I wouldn't pay €25 if I was only going to be in there for a hour or so. I have a priority pass card that gives unlimited visits to most lounges worldwide and I would certainly recommend it for frequent travellers.

I mean I'd we have 4 drinks each and 1r2 snacks itll pay for it self!

Advertisement