Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Publishing someone elses article

Options
  • 15-05-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

:confused:
    Have a question in realtion to publishing a third parties article on your own website , this question realates mainly in realtion to interesting or well written information, 9 and perhaps photos ) that I think may be of intrest to visitors of our site Which is a commercial/company site.

What are the rules , procedures, legality, of same ?

( PS in no way do I want to pass any of the above as our own work )

Thansk in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Draper666

Google does not like repeated content. Some website ownser browse the web find good content and use it themselves. Original content even if not as well written is always better

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do you have the permission of the owner of the article?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Just source or cite the original articles original author/location - problem solved !

• Registered Users Posts: 41 3sixty

rilly99 wrote: »
    :confused:
    Have a question in realtion to publishing a third parties article on your own website , this question realates mainly in realtion to interesting or well written information, 9 and perhaps photos ) that I think may be of intrest to visitors of our site Which is a commercial/company site.

What are the rules , procedures, legality, of same ?

( PS in no way do I want to pass any of the above as our own work )

Thansk in advance

Alot of companies would have their content protected. This means that they will be alerted if their content shows up on another site.

Either way Google always prefers unique content and if you post dupicate content it will not do your site any favours and you may be penalised.

What i would suggest doing is maybe either :

1. Rewrite the content into your own words completely and use different photos.

2. Add to the existing article by giving your tips on the subject and then linking to the said article by way of a "we found this article helpful and think you should see this.."

3. If this other website is mutually beneficial to both your site and your site to yours it might be worth some sort of cross advertising/linking.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement