Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Bad Disc'

Options
  • 15-05-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hi. Apologies if this has been asked before. I have a problem with a DVD disc. When I put it in to the DVD player it won't load and says 'bad disc'. Problem is not with the DVD player and I have watched this DVD before in that player. I wouldn't mind only that it is a very personal DVD, a friend gave it to me showing me and my friends graduating and follows us for the whole thing. There are only minor scratches on it from what I can see. I tried googling to see how to clean it but people were suggesting toothpaste then others saying this ruined their dvd. So, any ideas how I could attempt to fix it myself? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

is that a standalone DVD player? Have you tried the disc on your laptop/pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Hi. Yes, it is a standalone DVD player. Just tried it on my laptop and it is working....confused...tried other dvds in player there and they are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Ok...feel stupid now...tried it yet again on DVD player after putting in other discs and for some reason it is working now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

angeline wrote: »
    Ok...feel stupid now...tried it yet again on DVD player after putting in other discs and for some reason it is working now!!

glad its working again. If the DVD is important to you make sure to rip a copy to your laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

mordeith wrote: »
    glad its working again. If the DVD is important to you make sure to rip a copy to your laptop.

+1 to this. Rip it to your computer and make a back-up disc of it as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement