Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wickes liquidation sale

• 16-05-2013 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Mods I hope this counts as local news, I'm not advertising by sharing this info?

Wickes liquidation sale is finally happening this weekend. Good luck to anyone who gets a few bargains!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

juneg wrote: »
    Mods I hope this counts as local news, I'm not advertising by sharing this info?

Wickes liquidation sale is finally happening this weekend. Good luck to anyone who gets a few bargains!

What and where is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I just saw it now on the house and home section of done deal. Its being held at their store all this wknd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Hate seen any Limerick shop close its doors, especially for its staff. I bet there will be mile long queue of people who never supported the shop all on the look out for 1 euro off a 10 paint brush....

Now in saying that, I am on the lookout for a kitchen sink \ taps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

What company is running the liquidation sale? Donedeal seems a strange place to have the advert, with nothing in the local papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    What company is running the liquidation sale? Donedeal seems a strange place to have the advert, with nothing in the local papers.

Well based on the pictures it looks like most stock in boxes is already elsewhere and there just seems to be a bit of miscellaneous stuff mainly ex. display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Half of the photos look like some hire shop is flogging off it's most-used bits.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Those photos look like they were taken by someone looking to clear out old junk from their shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Full page ad in the Limerick Post for it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

It's not wickes... Read the ad properly. Comprehension people, comprehension...

It's being held in the old wickes building.. It's not wickes liquidation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

http://www.donedeal.ie/find/household/for-sale/Limerick/?source=all

The Ad has become a bit clearer with the addition of a poster on it since I put up this thread.
    I think it looks like a regular sale of mixed stock. It clearly has nothing to do with Wickes despite being held in the Wickes building.
    No indication of who is selling the stuff but it seems unlikely that there will be any stock from the former Wickes shop there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

juneg wrote: »
    http://www.donedeal.ie/find/household/for-sale/Limerick/?source=all

The Ad has become a bit clearer with the addition of a poster on it since I put up this thread.
    I think it looks like a regular sale of mixed stock. It clearly has nothing to do with Wickes despite being held in the Wickes building.
    No indication of who is selling the stuff but it seems unlikely that there will be any stock from the former Wickes shop there.

Looks like he is trying to leverage off being to do with Wickes though, as their name is pretty prominent in the ad. No doubt plenty will think its some sort of Wickes clearout and turn up in their droves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the cute hoor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone go to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

yeah I got there around 10 this morning , the car park was full. Load of rubbish mainly , it was like a car boot sale with some companies selling off their old stock.

A lot of rubbish and very little good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Went their today. The ad in the post is misleading. Wicks stock was already liquidated. They brought in stuff that looked like it was just pulled out of the city dump. Most of the stuff was broken missing parts or filthy.
    They had a couple of timber sheds that where more expensive than any else in town.
    Badly stained second hand mattresses and I mean second hand.
    There was a few plastic power washers that were busted up.
    Its not a wicks clearance sale.
    Avoid it other wise you will be very disappointed.

Didn't go to it but sounds like a chancer's clearance. Always read the small print (myself included)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

lads, please don't bother going to this ****e. Car boot sale would see better quality. Lots of tv's (cutting edge technology if the year was 1990), smelly mattress (full of yellow stains) and don't forget the rusted weighing scales dating back from the sweet shop from the 60's :P

The only thing that the misses saw worth of slight interest was cushions, that were a fiver.

the only wickes stock was a few blubs, light fittings and odd broken tools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

there always mickey mouse sales popping up in that business park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Cheeky bustards!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

My Father called in. It was an awful waste of his time and a fairly rough element around the car park.

• Advertisement
Advertisement