Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intelligence [CBS - US]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

looks like a good show, but something about it seems like it wont work on CBS, its looks somewhat along the lines of arrow more that POI i would say, meaning it probably wont get the numbers CBS would demand, but saying that they have a great cast, and i assume it will be slightly retooled before it airs,

a lot of shows really struggle when they go to federal government levels, they always tend to overplay the scope of the show, more locally based shows tend to do better like POI or Elementary,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Marg Helgenberger don't age at all :P

So this is CBS's take on Chuck, will still probably check it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Chuck version 2 then.

Enjoyable but predictable pilot, Holloway and Ory have good chemistry so I'll stick with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not bad at all. Didn't find the pilot too predictable, but saw the ending coming a mile off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

How does it compare to Almost Human?

And more importantly, is it somewhat of a more serious version of Chuck?

Can't really draw comparison with Almost Human. Different kind of show. It is a bit more like a serious version of chuck, but the main character has a chip instead of brain overload intersect thingy. There are some laughs (watch out for a joke with a gun near the end) and the action scenes are well done. Good setup of some season-long arcs too.

Worth a look....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mr E wrote: »
    Can't really draw comparison with Almost Human. Different kind of show. It is a bit more like a serious version of chuck, but the main character has a chip instead of brain overload intersect thingy. There are some laughs (watch out for a joke with a gun near the end) and the action scenes are well done. Good setup of some season-long arcs too.

Worth a look....

May let a few episodes air and then give it a look if it hasn't already been cancelled...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd like to see the 20 dollar bit be a running gag.

• Advertisement

Not a bad set up for a nice time killer. The set up is a little too familiar and Gabriel feels like a dozen other characters rolled into one without any real original slant. The overall arc about his wife is one that I can see growing tiresome rather quickly and I think that it's a show which will be at its best when observing the rules of the baddie of the week format.

One thing I really hope is that the writers play by the rules they've set down. There's far too many shows that build a world and then introduce new rules every few weeks while violating them when needs be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thought it was entertaining enough but I'm wondering if Gabriel is a bit too powerful in that he can open electronic doors with his mind, with the use of satellites he can see people through walls/ceilings and no doubt he'll be tapping into live security cameras to see more stuff so its hard to imagine him ever being in real peril unless theres hugely overwhelming force against him. I'd be a bit worried it might end up like Sylar in Heroes where for the most part he's just untouchable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the characters in the show seemed to forget about the
    second chip
    , we saw it, but those two walked off into the sunset without too much concern

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

A straight up affair that knows exactly what it is. You've got Holloway whose got enough charm to be the main lead, Marg Helgenberger - Pam Landy a la the Bourne series and some other woman as the newbie all working as part of US cyber command, and ya know, in this day and age, it's the Chinese. Back stories are OK, maybe a little hokey. It generally balances the human element with the cyber nonsense pretty well. One or two decent lines poking fun 'I've an app for that'. Advanced intelligence agent? Go rogue, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

How are you guys viewing this? VPN service and watching on the CBS website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

our uncle Torence in America is sending it to us ;)

is his superpower exposition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just watched the first epside there bloody hell that was awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

How does it compare to Almost Human?

And more importantly, is it somewhat of a more serious version of Chuck?

That's what i thought when i saw it first, looks promising & i like the way he does his mindmapping.
    looks like the wife isnt around for much longer? after ep2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Anyone else watching this, seems ok to follow as he seems a bit cocky at times though! + i see Lance Reddick (Broyles) is cast as a CIA Boss, seems he gets cast that role often!

• Advertisement

this is both bad and ok,

is it wrong of me to put off by bad lip jobs it really is hard to watch

does yerman ever tire of playing scientists?

how did he survive when all the others died almost immediately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I've said elsewhere that it's not particularly bad but not particularly great either. A few things bug me. The budding romance between yet man and his handler. Seriously, thats grounds for them being split up and her being reassigned elsewhere right away. It compromises her in a tactical situation IMHO. Why only one person protecting him? Shouldn't he have a SEAL team backing him up? The science angle is a bit meh. So many times they come out with something, especially in the IT line (my own) where you just have to scream "THAT'S COMPLETE BULLCRAP!!". I wouldn't mind if they played it for laughs, like Warehouse 13 do, but they are taking themselves fairly seriously. The intro is a bit cheesy too. Marg Helgenbergers voice over isn't too bad but yer man's part sounds a bit thrown in there, as it is actually having been taken from the first episode. That being said, as something that's watchable and not too demanding on the brain cells, it's pretty good. It's an average show but I find myself wanting it to stay around. It has the feeling of a one season show though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought this had a very strong finalé. It's a shame that there's no renewal looking to be in the works. I thought the show was a bit lightweight early on and I didn't really get into it because of that but it's really grown on me. Aside from Almost Human, and possibly even a little moreso with Intelligence, it's one of the few shows in a while where I watched the finalé and felt sad because it was likely the last of what I'll see.

I suppose the sad fact is that the show upped it's game way too late. While watching last week's episode and tonight's also, I thought they were pretty strong and thought back to some of the 'vilian of the week' earlier episodes and how generally lightweight they were. It's a pity they didn't get into the more sinister side of the show's setup much earlier.

I seem to like these sorts of shows. I got a real 'Now and Again' vibe when watching the Finalé. Now and Again, for those who don't know, was a late 90's, or 2000 show featuring Denis Haysbert, Margaret Colin and Eric Close. It was about a guy who died (John Goodman) and woke up to realise his brain had been transplanted into a much younger man, who was also cyberneticaly engineered to be stronger and faster than most. Another US secret weapon. That was a great show but lasted all of one season as well and also had a great finalé though, if you want to watch, be forewarned that it ends in a cliffhanger. I got the same feeling watching the Intelligence Finalé as I did watching the N&A finalé all those years ago. I think Intelligence is gone before it's time and we're missing out on a good second season. It's a real shame.

Yep, the 2 part finale was a cracker alright. Too little too late.

I thought it started strongly. They seemed to jam a season's worth of storylines in the first 3 episodes (2nd chip, Mei Chen, Gabriel's wife etc.) - other shows would have dragged that stuff out slowly over a whole season. Then it flatlined with a collection of 'villain/terrorist attack of the week' episodes, before finishing very strongly.

Shame alright.

Starts on Sky 1 this Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just watched the first two episodes, and am a little undewhelmed by the casting. Lead role went to yet another chunk of WASP beefcake from Central Casting with no discernible character. I like Marg Helgenberger, it's not her fault she's very familiar from many years of CSI.

I'm interested in the central premise (cybernetically-enhanced intelligence), I'll keep watching to see if it goes anywhere interesting. If it's just used to give our hero deus ex machina super-vision every time, that's not very interesting in itself.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Well, if it goes downhill after the first three episodes , and that's what I've seen so far, then I think I'm done. The technology stuff is all over the place and inconsistent.
    Yottabytes of "Liquid Data" in a contact lens?

The story isn't grabbing me, either - if it did, I wouldn't be spotting continuity errors, such as the agents flying to London in a plane with no walls and flimsy studio set doors. Soon they're driving around "London" in a left-hand-drive car - what, shipped in specially for them? Enough.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

This is like a joyless version of Jake 2.0 IMO.

Advertisement