Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swim experience for blackrock triathlon

Options
  • 16-05-2013 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭

howdy folks, just wondering what level of swim experience would i need to take part in the blackrock triathlon on july 7th.
    setanta tri club are running a try a tri programme stating this weekend and id like to take part but am worried that id be the weakest swimmer in the beginners group

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    howdy folks, just wondering what level of swim experience would i need to take part in the blackrock triathlon on july 7th.
    setanta tri club are running a try a tri programme stating this weekend and id like to take part but am worried that id be the weakest swimmer in the beginners group

Whats wrong with being the weakest swimmer?
    Do they have a policy of beating the weakest swimmer with iron bars?????? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

if your a weak swimmer , as i am, then you should be taking advantage of the programme that the club are running, it seems like a great idea , wish there was a club round here that did it..

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What level is your swimming? (Weak doesnt tell us much)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Oryx wrote: »
    What level is your swimming? (Weak doesnt tell us much)

Weak as in can manage maybe 100m

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

Lat year you could walk most of it as in very shallow water

Great beginner race

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭delboyfagan

Quite possible the worst triathlon on the Irish calendar. U can walk the swim and the cycle is a complete draft fest. Never ever ever again would I was money on this event.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Weak as in can manage maybe 100m
    You would definitely get a lot from the try a tri programme, so you should do it. You can swim 100 continuous so you should be fine, and youll find that very quickly youll increase that distance. Hopefully the programme will give you open water experience too, which is necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Quite possible the worst triathlon on the Irish calendar. U can walk the swim and the cycle is a complete draft fest. Never ever ever again would I was money on this event.

You done Athy? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭delboyfagan

No doing it for first time in 2 weeks though

Advertisement