Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda pulse system

• 16-05-2013 4:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭

Hey lads, I was just wondering could I get some info on this?

I got into a bit of trouble with the guards when I was a little younger stupid little things like, I was in court for no insurance and no tax ect.. I had all the details and it was struck out, I also had some problems with a girlfriend, abusive texts back and forward she told me she went to the guards and told them, I was harassing her by texting and ringing her, I went to the guards that day and let them take my phone and go through it but later that very day she dropped the claims against me..

I was just wondering would things like this be on pulse? Reason I ask is i'm considering applying for the reserves and I don't wanna apply if this kinda thing shows up on my history

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭McCrack

If the incidences happened after 1999 or so then yes they most likely are recorded on PULSE.

You can make a data protection access request to AGS for a copy of personal data (if any) retained by them to include the PULSE database. Make sure to stress that to them...that it's to include PULSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

hmmm Even If you were charged for something but it was struck out, is there still a record of the charge against you or once its struck out is all that information binned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

ronan45 wrote: »
    hmmm Even If you were charged for something but it was struck out, is there still a record of the charge against you or once its struck out is all that information binned?

I just read that you entitled to all the information they have on you, Think I might request it and have an ol peek :p

I didn't think they'd keep that much information on an individual:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

jamesr123 wrote: »
    I just read that you entitled to all the information they have on you, Think I might request it and have an ol peek :p

I didn't think they'd keep that much information on an individual:eek:

Some information is restricted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

You don't need to disclose any of that to the reserves anyway unless you were convicted of anything. So once you have no convictions, apply away.

Some forms get around this by asking have you ever been arrested but thats a bit sneaky in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Patch85

i have some minor previous records myself and I am looking into this. Under the Spent Bill 2012 you can now get minor convictions cleared from the records or have the convictions spent. I think you must make a case in court.

http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/bills28/bills/2012/3412/b34112s.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Patch85 wrote: »
    i have some minor previous records myself and I am looking into this. Under the Spent Bill 2012 you can now get minor convictions cleared from the records or have the convictions spent. I think you must make a case in court.

http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/bills28/bills/2012/3412/b34112s.pdf

A Bill is not law until it becomes an Act. So the Bill has no effect at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Patch85

Didnt know that but that is very annoying. How long can a Bill sit on a table before becoming an Act?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Just apply if you don't get in well you are no worse off.

Advertisement