Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What things do you spurge on?

• 16-05-2013 6:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

I was about to post about people who complain all the time about how they never have money and then in the next breath tell you all about the expensive thing they just bought/did. But it got me thinking what do you splurge/save your money on? for instance when i'm in the off license ill see which deals they have on offer id rather buy an 24 bad/average beers for 24 euros than 24 excellent beers for 50 euros yet when i get to the pub I have no problem handing over the best part of a fiver for a pint no questions asked. Logic would say i should be spending 50 euros on a nice beer in the off licence and less in the pub. My housemate re washes zip lock bags and buys all shop brand items but she will buy volvic water everyday :confused:

what items do you allow yourself to splurge on and where do you not allow yourself to splurge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

Spurge? Sounds like an interesting euphemism.

So in answer to your question, "I like to spurge on your sisters baps"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

yore wrote: »
    Spurge? Sounds like an interesting euphemism.

So in answer to your question, "I like to spurge on your sisters baps"

Im an only child! my sister died before conception. yes i got the title wrong :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

it's amazing how much more money I have when I'm drunk.

My motorbike but it's not that expensive.. Most of my friends here drive mopeds that cost less than the back tyre of my bike.

Evenings out with the gf.. If we're out with friends, keep it normal. Out by ourselves, spend a comparative fortune.

Tailors in Asia. I haven't needed much recently but I generally wouldn't wear a shirt or slacks that aren't tailored while here. But the shoes cost like 9euro.

Holidays.. I just spend everything while on holiday. Just don't look at the price. Very different to when I was "travelling".

Rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Catphish

danotroy wrote: »
    I was about to post about people who complain all the time about how they never have money and then in the next breath tell you all about the expensive thing they just bought/did. But it got me thinking what do you splurge/save your money on? for instance when i'm in the off license ill see which deals they have on offer id rather buy an 24 bad/average beers for 24 euros than 24 excellent beers for 50 euros yet when i get to the pub I have no problem handing over the best part of a fiver for a pint no questions asked. Logic would say i should be spending 50 euros on a nice beer in the off licence and less in the pub. My housemate re washes zip lock bags and buys all shop brand items but she will buy volvic water everyday :confused:

what items do you allow yourself to splurge on and where do you not allow yourself to splurge?
    Nothing. My money is spent on bills before it even lands in my account.

*sits on little crying chair* :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Im an only child! my sister died before conception. yes i got the title wrong :mad:

Died from lack of spurge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Perhaps she ended up on yore ma's baps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Splash out on might have been a better title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Anything to do with the boat, I won't think twice about throwing money at it.

Just forked out 500 for a new sound system and have to fork out 700 to fill the fuel tank on Friday... not a bother.

Yet I cringe at the thought of small every day expenses. Talk about having my priorities up my hole

Advertisement