Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling with my child on my passport

Options
  • 16-05-2013 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone, I hope I'm doing this right my first time on boards. I'm wondering can anyone help me, I'm traveling to Birmingham in June with my 10yr old daughter who is still on my passport. Can anyone tell me if I'll be able to travel to the UK with her on my passport.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If flying, she will likely need her own passport.

If going by ferry, she will likely need some ID and your passport will likely be enough - assuming you are Irish or British.

If she isn't Irish or British, she will need a passport.

Check the terms and conditions of your travel operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Missybridget

Victor wrote: »
    If flying, she will likely need her own passport.

If going by ferry, she will likely need some ID and your passport will likely be enough - assuming you are Irish or British.

If she isn't Irish or British, she will need a passport.

Check the terms and conditions of your travel operator.

Ok I'll check with my travel operator.. Thanks Victor

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

if you are flying with ryanair all children need a valid passport on all their flights,that includes domestic flights and uk/ireland flights,if you fly from belfast with easyjet any child under 16 does not require any form of photo id to travel,afaik children under 16 do not need any photo id for ferry travel between ireland and britain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

dom40 wrote: »
    if you fly from belfast with easyjet any child under 16 does not require any form of photo id to travel,afaik children under 16 do not need any photo id for ferry travel between ireland and britain.

Er.. Im not sure this is correct. I was watching Airline a few nights ago, which is easyjet, and there was some curfuffle about the 15 year old not being able to fly because he was on his Mums passport. Don't remember the ins and outs, but you would need to check.

Also the under 16 not needing ID thing doesn't make sense. How would they know the under-16 is under 16 if they have no ID saying how old they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

can i just clarify that i am referring to travel between uk and ireland and domestic uk flights,the 15 year old syklops seen on the tv must have been travelling to a destination outside the uk,I know for a fact that you do not need to provide identification for a child under 16 travelling to belfast from england flying with easyjet,I travel to ireland with my children 2 of them are under 16 and have never required id for them with easyjet, I hope this helps,

• Advertisement
Advertisement