Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from the Soccer forum

Options
  • 16-05-2013 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭

So it seems like I got a month ban today from the Soccer forum.

Supposedly it was for trolling, Mars Bar was the one who pointed it out to me and said if I do it again I would get banned.

I told him then that I am tired of the over-reaction and that he should learn the difference between trolling and a joke (which it was).

It was a comment about how Benitez, the Chelsea manager could now maybe move on to a bigger club, it was made in jest and as far as I know no Chelsea fan was offended or complained about it.

Afterwards I made no more 'trolling' comments, yet I received the ban after all.
    I strongly suspect this is because Mars Bar did not like the fact that I didn't just lie down and accept his warning, which I felt was unwarranted.

I don't know how it works, but is there a reason to review this ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed this with the mod in question? That's the first step of the dispute process as set out above and should be done before starting a thread here

I would point out though that it appears to me that you received a yellow card for the post in question, and the dispute process will focus on that alone should you wish to take this forward. The one month ban follows automatically as a result of an accumulation of cards in the forum. Hence if the yellow is upheld, the ban remains

EDIT - just to add I've checked your record and it is GavRedKing that issued the yellow and consequent ban, not Mars Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I know it wasn't Mars Bar that banned me, but she did send the first PM warning me that if I kept 'trolling' I would get banned. (I pointed out that it wasn't trolling and maybe she should learn the difference, I could have phrased that better but I was getting frustrated with the extremely strict moderating in the Soccer forum where jokes are seen as trolling and therefore ban worthy).

I didn't make any further remarks similar to the one that got me the warning in either the Chelsea thread of the Benfica - Chelsea thread, after which GavRedKing steps in, warns me and bans me straight away for something which I had already received a warning.

According to him people did report it, which seems extremely petty to me and I actually think this is not true, but I will accept proof of the contrary.

I understand the fact that if the yellow is upheld the band stands, thanks.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Following discussions between user and mod the yellow card has been rescinded and the ban lifted

This dispute can be marked resolved

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement