Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you make an offer on more than one house?

Options
  • 16-05-2013 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

When buying can you make an offer on more than one house?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Of course you can.
    In fact you should tell the estate agent when you're making the offer that you are also either considering of have made offers on other properties. It will put presssure on the vendors to make a quick decision wrt your offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Of course you can.
    In fact you should tell the estate agent when you're making the offer that you are also either considering of have made offers on other properties. It will put presssure on the vendors to make a quick decision wrt your offer.

It can have the opposite effect aswell in that I'm not that interested in the property I'm just lashing out offers trying to get a bite. If an EA or vendor doesn't think your serious your offer(s) may not be considered.

Nobody wants to deal with somebody libel to mess them around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

D3PO wrote: »
    It can have the opposite effect aswell in that I'm not that interested in the property I'm just lashing out offers trying to get a bite. If an EA or vendor doesn't think your serious your offer(s) may not be considered.

Nobody wants to deal with somebody libel to mess them around.

The days of sellers being sniffy about offers is long past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Depends, in what part of the very fragmented property market you refer to.

3 bed semi in SCD for example you will be dismissed in a heartbeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

From making offers for over a year now, they are still extrememly sniffy. In fact, if anything more so. I've had to provide evidence of mortgage approval, and have had to get engineers reports done BEFORE an offer was accepted several times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement