Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop help with restore Picture, remove Stains

Options
  • 16-05-2013 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭

I'm trying to help a family member restore a painting of my Great Great Grand parents, The original painting was Rolled and heavy damaged over years.

My Photoshop skills are rookie to average.

Any advice on how to remove stains and improve a little?

I've taken off the cracks Easy Enough, and done the basic tidy up and clean. but not sure where to go from here.

Don't want to go down the re-painting route.

undatedgreatgrandparent.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭eoin95

Did you scan it in at max resolution? My p/s skills wouldn't be much either so wouldn't be one to give "advice"! Did you get it finished, would be up for giving it a go if you want to email it to me. I'll send any results back to ya, just for practice on my part more so than anything else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

I spent ten minutes playing around with it before I reread the bit about not painting :(

I made an absolute hames of the clothes but the faces didn't come out too bad in it anyways. not what your looking for but im gonna post it anyways since I spent a little time working on it :P

265304.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Thanks for the Help.

Doesn't look too bad.

It was an Idea for a present for my Grandmother, shes not too well at the moment, and being 86, thought a nice repaired picture of her parents might lift her spirits.

Advertisement