Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strange habits of a homeless man

• 16-05-2013 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭

Everyday on my way to work I cross the harp bridge down the docks end of the city. Pretty much every day there is the same homeless man sitting in the middle of the bridge. I assume he is looking for change but he never asks so I guess he could be there for other reasons.

Sometimes when I pass him he is sitting there with a sleeping bag over his lap pulling the chip off himself. WHO DOES THAT! Initially I thought I was just being dirty minded and he could have been doing anything under the sleeping bag, but walking past today the sleeping bag had slipped a little to reveal his side where you could see his pants were clearly pulled down a little while he was furiously pulling away at himself.

Fair enough homeless guys have urges too, but why go to an incredibly busy bridge at rush hour to do it!?!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,471 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Danger **** innit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's a homeless thing, you wouldn't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jay1988

If that's where he sleeps then that's his bedroom its perfectly normal for someone to **** in his bedroom ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Pulling the chip off himself. That's a new one, well to me anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What else are you going to do with a morning glory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Plenty of good looking women walking to work around that area - in this modern age we tend to forget what life is like without internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

a new type of busking?? maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Everyday on my way to work I cross the harp bridge down the docks end of the city. Pretty much every day there is the same homeless man sitting in the middle of the bridge. I assume he is looking for change but he never asks so I guess he could be there for other reasons.

Sometimes when I pass him he is sitting there with a sleeping bag over his lap pulling the chip off himself. WHO DOES THAT! Initially I thought I was just being dirty minded and he could have been doing anything under the sleeping bag, but walking past today the sleeping bag had slipped a little to reveal his side where you could see his pants were clearly pulled down a little while he was furiously pulling away at himself.

Fair enough homeless guys have urges too, but why go to an incredibly busy bridge at rush hour to do it!?!?

Jazus that Neil Prenderville must have really fallen on hard times:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

jay1988 wrote: »
    If that's where he sleeps then that's his bedroom its perfectly normal for someone to **** in his bedroom ;-)

Absolutely right. In fact, it's a bit rude on the part of the OP to walk right into the fella's bedroom like that.

Seriously though, I can't wait for **** in public to become socially acceptable. How often have you had the urge when you're out for the day and can't do anything about it? Nothing worse. This guy could be a revolutionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Has he ever eyeballed you as you go by.

Some people Say "morning", he just tugs...

Different strokes for different blokes....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

God, you got a good look didnt you? Tiddlycreeps more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I could understand the 'it's his bedroom theory', but that bridge is always freezing by day, the wind would cut you in two. I can only imagine how cold it is by night. Why would anybody choose to sleep there instead of the many other nooks and crannies around the city. Seems a bit mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

At a wild guess - mental illness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I could understand the 'it's his bedroom theory', but that bridge is always freezing by day, the wind would cut you in two. I can only imagine how cold it is by night. Why would anybody choose to sleep there instead of the many other nooks and crannies around the city. Seems a bit mental.

Maybe he's been moved on from all the other nooks and crannies. Right there its an en-suite bedroom, plus Id say he gets a fair bit of change from passers by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

syklops wrote: »
    God, you got a good look didnt you? Tiddlycreeps more like.

Ha! He sits in the middle of the bridge, so you are walking uphill towards him for a bit, hard to miss. Plus you have to see it first before you know to look away. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Perhaps its the same man, perhaps not:

I was driving to work, passing the customs house early on monday morning,

There was a person wrapped up in a sleeping bag in behind the fence at one of the alcoves.

They had the bag closed up, covering head etc, and he was only ripping the handle off himself... legs were bouncing and all.,.. odd to see, but where else would ye do it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Its probably a stress relief, poor guy don't think its one bit funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He could be rubbing two sticks together to try and start a fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Perhaps its the same man, perhaps not:

I was driving to work, passing the customs house early on monday morning,

There was a person wrapped up in a sleeping bag in behind the fence at one of the alcoves.

They had the bag closed up, covering head etc, and he was only ripping the handle off himself... legs were bouncing and all.,.. odd to see, but where else would ye do it??

Are you sure he wasn't having an epileptic fit? You should have got out and checked on his welfare :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

and he was only ripping the handle off himself...
    he is sitting there with a sleeping bag over his lap pulling the chip off himself. QUOTE]

Aren't we very inventive all the same to think of so many ways to say masturbate.

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »
    he is sitting there with a sleeping bag over his lap pulling the chip off himself. QUOTE]

Aren't we very inventive all the same to think of so many ways to say masturbate.

Masturbate is such a boring word though, I prefer belly boxing me self.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

hes just keeping warm. I remember hearing a story from where i live of a guy known to be a total perv who would go to the hairdresser and while he got his haircut he would whack off. hes barred out of a lot of business for the same reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

demakinz wrote: »
    hes just keeping warm. I remember hearing a story from where i live of a guy known to be a total perv who would go to the hairdresser and while he got his haircut he would whack off. hes barred out of a lot of business for the same reason.

Whack off.....lol...

Once knew a chap called "whacker"...never think of him the same way now.

Belly boxing...

Whacking....

Tugging...

what else folks, can describe the act of self love...:D

Petting the one eyed snake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 783 ✭✭✭HerrScheisse

The homeless man made the bald man cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

He could be rubbing two sticks together to try and start a fire

This is the most likely scenario if you ask me.
    Nobody likes **** in the cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

Well, lets all laugh at people with depression... Hey, just got a great idea for a new thread..

Advertisement