Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Round 8, 2013

• 16-05-2013 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭

From the Irish players perspective:
    • Zac Thouy starts at HB against Port Adelaide;
    • Pearce Hanley starts at C against Essendon;
    • Tommy Walsh starts at FF against Fremantle;
    • Marty Clarke (illness), Caolon Mooney (omitted), Niall McKeever & Setanta O'hAilpin not listed;

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Walsh is starting for Sydney in the forward pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Walsh is starting for Sydney in the forward pocket.

Sorry bout that, bad oversight. Got so used to see him on the Emg list I stopped looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Great to see Tommy getting the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

He's been playing well in the reserves both forward and back so it will be interesting to see where he lines up.

Mooney is very unlucky to be dropped, he showed up well last week. Although I'm dreading tomorrow night's game, I've a terrible feeling we're going to get a hiding.

Tricky week of tipping again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

SSK wrote: »
    He's been playing well in the reserves both forward and back so it will be interesting to see where he lines up.

Mooney is very unlucky to be dropped, he showed up well last week. Although I'm dreading tomorrow night's game, I've a terrible feeling we're going to get a hiding.

Tricky week of tipping again

Would Mooneys knee injury he suffered have anything to do with it? Shame he couldnt get the start in the follow up game, but always likely not to when your team loses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Great to see Tommy Walsh get a game. Hopefully it's a loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

bruschi wrote: »
    Would Mooneys knee injury he suffered have anything to do with it? Shame he couldnt get the start in the follow up game, but always likely not to when your team loses.

With Thomas out for an indefinite amoount of time might help Mooney's chances of returning to the side. If he can get himself involved again next weekend without the vest might warrant a bit of a run.

NAITANUI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

What. A. Finish!!!! :eek:

417899_10151388802091417_475481840_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Bit of a dubious decision at the end. Great game though. ^^Awesome mark by Natanui

• Advertisement

some finish! what a mark! Naitanui is some legend!

very harsh free though in fairness. our goalkicking is horrendous though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

..and the Bombers downward sprial begins...hopefully :)

Brilliant to watch, they blew it big time. Watson summed it up by shanking a fairly handy kick wide for a behind with a few minutes left.

Delighted for Brent Staker after getting over back to back knee reconstructions.

What a win for the Lions, great stuff.

Beautiful moment for Staker to kick the sealer after 20 months out. Hopefully the Lions can kick on from here

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Coming up to half time and Tommy Walsh has 1 kick. May as well not be on the park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Just watching the commentary, not a lot reported on him. He seems to be playing in a corner forward goal sneak role. He needs to be full forward and have the ball fired into him quickly.

Just in the door from the MCG, what a game of footy! Stunned we managed to get up after that shocker of a 3rd quarter but it was some performance. The place erupted after Krak snuck in along the endline to kick the winner! Great to have Bally back as well.

One of the best weekends of footy in a long time I would wager, 4 great games already

great game with Collingwood and Geelong alright. Havent read up much on reports or opinions since, but to me the umpiring looked shocking throughout that game, on both sides.

Tommy Walsh will surely be coming home at the end of the year. Anything I've read about that game sounds like he was shocking.

Advertisement