Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale: Provari V2.5 Satin Silver with Blue Led

Options
  • 16-05-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Edit: Ahh just saw you edited.

Since I waded in here, might as well make a point. I still can't figure out the provari and its price. To a total noob it looks like a super expensive battery holder. Even more expensive if it is blue for some weird reason. I get the voltage stays the same, but 220 quid? What am I missing here?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Edit: Ahh just saw you edited.

Since I waded in here, might as well make a point. I still can't figure out the provari and its price. To a total noob it looks like a super expensive battery holder. Even more expensive if it is blue for some weird reason. I get the voltage stays the same, but 220 quid? What am I missing here?

Build quality, versatility, built in multimeter.

eeloe wrote: »
    Build quality, versatility, built in multimeter.

Thanks for reply!

Build quality: Good point, that is a definite factor! That said I've dropped ego c and clearomisers on concrete several times and it all works grand!

Versatility: How so? I thought things just screwed together in general?

Multimeter: Probably very useful if you know what you are doing! I'd be out of my depth.

I hope you don't think I'm giving out, just curious :) The costing extra for the 'blue led' seem ridiculous to me still also!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Thanks for reply!

Build quality: Good point, that is a definite factor! That said I've dropped ego c and clearomisers on concrete several times and it all works grand!

Versatility: How so? I thought things just screwed together in general?

Multimeter: Probably very useful if you know what you are doing! I'd be out of my depth.

I hope you don't think I'm giving out, just curious :) The costing extra for the 'blue led' seem ridiculous to me still also!
    Versatility as in having the capability to use different batteries if you have an extender cap or telescopic tube.

Blue LEDs are more expensive in all devices, although there probably is an added 'ProVari tax' on top.

Thanks guys! Did some reading on blue LEDs. Mad stuff, but yeah they are awkward to make.

Still seems an extraordinary amount of money tbh for what it is... Especially for someone like me who just uses the thing without wanting to mod/change/wick/wire etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

As everyone knows.... blue leds just make anything so much better!

Still seems an extraordinary amount of money tbh for what it is... Especially for someone like me who just uses the thing without wanting to mod/change/wick/wire etc!

It is a big spend.
    If you can ignore the size of it throathit's Twin 18650 VV mod over on UKVapers is around €120. Extremely well built, but no resistance checker.
    It's the only other device bar a mech mod that I haven't seen anyone moaning about with regards build quality. It's built to last. The downside would be having to send it back for new batteries in 2-3 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

grindle wrote: »
    It is a big spend.
    If you can ignore the size of it throathit's Twin 18650 VV mod over on UKVapers is around €120. Extremely well built, but no resistance checker.
    It's the only other device bar a mech mod that I haven't seen anyone moaning about with regards build quality. It's built to last. The downside would be having to send it back for new batteries in 2-3 years time.
    Cost me €139 to the door (The Throathit). Only use it at home though as no way of knowing how much charge is left before the batteries go dead and I can never remember when I charged it last, so wont take the chance of it going dead when I'm out.
    The only thing I dont like about it is the button position, on the wrong side for me, ok if your a lefty.

P.I.T.A wrote: »
    Cost me €139 to the door (The Throathit). Only use it at home though as no way of knowing how much charge is left before the batteries go dead and I can never remember when I charged it last, so wont take the chance of it going dead when I'm out.
    The only thing I dont like about it is the button position, on the wrong side for me, ok if your a lefty.
    Damn exchange rate, maybe I was thinking pounds.

Button position depends on where the airhole is for me, I always check where it'll be with a new atty and build accordingly. Am a righty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

P.I.T.A wrote: »
    Im a lefty 2, put me off buying the gripper vv, racist bastards :-)

• Advertisement

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Im a lefty 2, put me off buying the gripper vv, racist bastards :-)
    My 2nd vv Gripper should be at home when I get there, great device, pity I fekked up the first trying to squeeze at 4000 mah battery into it :o

grindle wrote: »
    Damn exchange rate, maybe I was thinking pounds.

Button position depends on where the airhole is for me, I always check where it'll be with a new atty and build accordingly. Am a righty.
    It's in the wrong position for me as I prefer to use my thumb with box mods to fire it, and the TH is a little bit to big for a comfortable use of my fore finger, airhole not an issue with the Vision dripper, great fit if I use my left hand though.

I'm using my thumb too! Twinsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I think its not really alot of money for the work that goes into them, our view has been distorted by the expectation that people in china etc... don't deserve the same pay and conditions we demand for ourselves.
    220 euro is what keeping decent jobs costs; a bargain if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

If I knew a few months ago what I know now,I would without a moments hesitation have bought a Provari.Not having a wattage/power mode was what put me off,but to be honest I rarely even use that mode.

All my gear broke over the weekend. I have no idea what happened. I store everything in a bag in my man bag. One clearo broke along the seal and the other emptied all its contents into the bag too. The batteries won't charge and the charger shorted too!

I have to get a whole new kit again.

What I was using was working but the analogues started creeping back in with the e cig so it was a total nicotine overload. I'm starting from scratch again. Going to look at a few starter kits etc and take my time. If I had a provari in that bag I'd be down a lot of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

That's the thing with the Provari - they're not easy to break. They are built to last and come with a warranty. Provape have good customer service and will repair them when needed. Mine have taken a lot of a abuse - being dropped, rattled about in my handbag etc.

Advertisement