Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced entry human nutrition and dietetics

Options
  • 16-05-2013 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I was wondering if DIT is very strict about advanced entry. I am currently studying sciece in Trinity but i would like to transfer into second year Human nutrition and dietetics. I dont think advanced entry is usually allowed for this course. Do you know if DIT is very strict about this or if there is some room for movement? I have covered some of the same modules that were taken by the first year Human nutrition and dietetics class. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mavis200

Also does anyone know if there is much difference between this course and UCDs Human Nutrition course? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

Hi. I did science in Trinity as well as an MSc in Medical Imaging in the UK. I applied for advanced entry for Optometry in DIT and they were having none of it. I knew it was a long shot considering it is a healthcare course. I got in through the CAO/interview route anyway and I don't mind doing the extra year all that much. I would imagine they may be a bit more lenient with something like nutrition. Have you any proper work/research experience in the area as that will be the thing that will make them look at the application seriously. Have you applied for it already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

see this link http://www.dit.ie/study/undergraduate/programmes/#d.en.62876

not an option I think

best to call them really 01 402 3302

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

Hi
    I am studying this course at the moment and there is no such thing as advanced entry. No matter what experience/module you already have, everyone starts in 1st year. In relation to the difference between our course and UCD, there is no dietetics in UCD. In UCD you would come out as a qualified nutritionist, while with our course you would be a dietitian and hence allowed advise people on diet and work in a hospital/healthcare setting. hope that helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tara111

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    Hi. I did science in Trinity as well as an MSc in Medical Imaging in the UK. I applied for advanced entry for Optometry in DIT and they were having none of it. I knew it was a long shot considering it is a healthcare course. I got in through the CAO/interview route anyway and I don't mind doing the extra year all that much. I would imagine they may be a bit more lenient with something like nutrition. Have you any proper work/research experience in the area as that will be the thing that will make them look at the application seriously. Have you applied for it already?

Sorry to change the subject but I've applied for an MSC in medical imaging for this year. I'm working in theatre sales at the moment so would always be useful but can I ask what the employment opportunities were like for your classmates after this MSC? I'm wondering if without a medical degree are there many job prospects?

• Advertisement
Advertisement