Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainsaw Problem - Electric Lidl/Florabest

Options
  • 16-05-2013 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a Florabest Lidl (Electric) Chainsaw I bought a few years ago, it was working fine except recently the chain is popping off after about 5 minutes of work.
    I keep the chain tight and check the oil regularly and top up before it goes empty.

Has anyone any suggestions how to fix this or why it might be happening.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

Have a look at the sprocket (at the engine end of the guide bar) for wear. If it's well worn it may need replacing.

Alternately, are you sure the chain is tight enough? The chain will expand when it heats up. Try running it for a few minutes, then before it pops off, kill the engine and check the tension then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The bar should be tightened with the nose resting on a hard surface.
    Check the chain tension by pulling the chain down in the middle of the bar, you should be able to just pull the chain out to the height of the drive link (Sharkfin shape) that sits in the bar groove. Check this in several places as chains can have tight spots.
    Its also worth taking the bar and chain off and using a slim nail or similar to scrape the bar groove clean, if chips build up in the groove it can cause the chain to derail.
    Make sure the sprocket is able to rotate freely as well while the bar is off.
    If its still throwing the chain after checking these things you may have a bent/burred drive link.
    Flip the bar every time you sharpen the chain to even the wear out.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Hi CJ

Thanks for the advice
    Do you know anywhere I can get a Manual for this Chainsaw - for parts and Specifications etc

regards

Conology wrote: »
    Hi CJ

Thanks for the advice
    Do you know anywhere I can get a Manual for this Chainsaw - for parts and Specifications etc

regards
    Sorry no idea.
    Consumable parts will be fairly standard for it, bars and chains etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Conology wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a Florabest Lidl (Electric) Chainsaw I bought a few years ago,

its to be expected if its a few years old, mine went the same way and its next to impossible to get spare parts for lidl products

so i got this bosch one instead and its excellent, really light to hold and the chain hasn't slipped once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭My Potatoes

I was at a chainsaw safety event a few months back and the speaker said that the Lidl and Aldi chainsaws have a "lifetime guarantee".

However, 'lifetime' does not mean a human life, which is what most consumers assume. 'Lifetime' depends on the type of chainsaw and its manufacturers intended use. For an expensive Stihl designed for felling mature trees it can mean 10,000 hours; but for a hobby chainsaw it means 100 hours of sawing branches for firewood.

You get what you pay for with garden machinery, I looked at a Ryobi strimmer and there is only a single crank weight and the big end sits on the end of the crank pin, no support for the other side of the crank.
    Fine for a while but long term not that durable.
    Contrast that with a Tanaka which has a proper crank assembly which has both side of the crankshaft supported by roller bearings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭Invincible

Has anyone had to replace the carbon brushes in their saw yet?
    If so where did you purchase replacement brushes?
    I have emailed grizzly@deslimited as mentioned in the booklet that came with saw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭bigblackmug

dump it and buy replacement from you?

parts impossible to get?
    http://www.einhelltools.co.uk/product-list.php?pg1-cid181.html

with that webpage you can find out what replacement chain you need if needed and purchase it online for under 10 quid.
    A 14" 3/8 low pro bar would cost similiar and sprocket similiar too.
    I doubt you need any of these; if the chain has stretched then you can replace it or remove a link depending on wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Farmer

OK I know it's an old thread but in case anyone is looking, I just came across this link to the manual

http://www.lidl-service.com/static/16093798/68815_EN.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

Farmer wrote: »
    OK I know it's an old thread but in case anyone is looking, I just came across this link to the manual

http://www.lidl-service.com/static/16093798/68815_EN.pdf[/QUOTE]

It will come in handy.
    Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

Is there any other chains I can use other than the florabest brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭cyrils foxpit

Farmer wrote: »

http://www.lidl-service.com/static/16093798/68815_EN.pdf

thanks, from the future :)

Advertisement