Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel with leisure facilities

• 16-05-2013 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi, Im hoping somebody might be able to point me in the right direction here, Im hoping to take a mid wk break away with our son who's one and was hoping to find somewhere nice in clare, with leisure facilities and may be near the beach?
    Could any of you recommend somewhere, finding it hard to see any. Don't mind which part of clare its in as I haven't stayed in clare at all.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'd recommend The Falls Hotel in Ennistymon, it's not far from Lahinch beach either.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Thank you v much I will def have a look at that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Depends what you mean with leisure facilities. I would - being lazy and in dire need of some pampering - prefer a spa, not a gym :cool:

The Burren Coast Hotel in Ballyvaughan looks quite nice. I like Ballyvaughan anyway.

A charming place is Kilkee Thalasso Spa with accommodation in Kilkee. Pampering, not too exepensive, beach in walking distance.

Thank you, I suppose when I say leisure facilities I would like a pool esp if it was raining for our son...Thanks a mill will check out for def

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

zsha wrote: »
    Thank you, I suppose when I say leisure facilities I would like a pool esp if it was raining for our son...Thanks a mill will check out for def
    This is only my opinion but Killkee has gone a little drab. Ballvaughan would definitely be my choice and its in north Clare which has the Burren, cliffs of moher, ailwee caves etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

Carry wrote: »

The Burren Coast Hotel in Ballyvaughan looks quite nice. I like Ballyvaughan anyway.

that place has been closed nearly 2 years, went into liquidation, and the online booking engine on their site is showing no availability....ever.
    Afaik its still closed but am open to correction from anyone up around there

Ok that's good to know will check out more in that area though thanks v much

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

the falls is nice-good restaurant,close to lahinch, and the pool is great.

daithi

Advertisement