Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Out of contract, looking for better deal.

• 16-05-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but am looking for some advice on a new bill pay contract and phone combo.
    Am currently with meteor with 200 mins + 200 texts and 1 gb data for 30 euro.
    Is there any network or third party provider like carphone warehouse that is doing a similar package but cheaper. Hoping to get a quad band android, HTC preferably, as part of the deal.
    I've looked but can't seem to find anything better.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

that terrible price be paying for that i think rip off. meteor new offer only 49 euro for unlimited calls, texts and 5gb data think it 24 month contract. i know emobile have great deals to if u are eircom customer its only 32 euro or 39 for unilimted calls, texts, landline calls and 15gb data (10 thousand texts and 45 thousand minutes)
    If non eircom think its 49/59 euro for the same deal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭relax carry on

that terrible price be paying for that i think rip off. meteor new offer only 49 euro for unlimited calls, texts and 5gb data think it 24 month contract. i know emobile have great deals to if u are eircom customer its only 32 euro or 39 for unilimted calls, texts, landline calls and 15gb data (10 thousand texts and 45 thousand minutes)
    If non eircom think its 49/59 euro for the same deal :)

Thanks for the reply. Am looking to spend less not more. I barely use texts and use about the 200 mins and gig of data so the unlimited packages would be pointless for someone like me. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Gummybear2013

i not on bill phone as i be same not much of a caller and i have modem at home for internet so use that instead phone as take up to much battery as well. what about pre pay instead? i on meteor top up 20 each month free texts all network nd i have 150mb data. i know you can get top up for calls and texts to . 48 network have one 20 top up for calls , texts and all net unlimited .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Might be worth checking 02. I just came off billpay and am on E20 for 30 days. I would be mostly calling 02 numbers so it suits me but it depends on your usage really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

Does it have to be another contract? Because 3 have a deal if you top up by €20 a month you get unlimited texts, three to three calls, calls to any network on the weekends and unlimited data.
    Also Emobile have a sim only deal for €32 with similar allowances.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 253 ✭✭theidiots

02 now have a thing on prepay that if you top up by 20 a month you get unlimited calls to any network and landline for the month and then they take a tenner credit off you. You can then buy 200 texts for a fiver and 200MB of data for a fiver which is pretty good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Thanks for the replies. Phone pretty much gave up the ghost yesterday so had to just renew the contract on the same plan for free phone. Will keep the pay as you go options as something to look into when my wife is out of contract.

Advertisement