Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando - Things to do

Options
  • 16-05-2013 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I have posted a few times in this forum, about various things relating to the J-1 in Orlando, but wanted to start a fresh thread for this one.

Im heading out in a few weeks, with one other, i've been to Orlando before, in late october, so i am sure it will be more hectic when we head out there in June!..

I chose Orlando, over other places, because of the weather, there chilled out life style and that it's not going to be "little Ireland" with all the other J-1'ers.. not that it would be a problem, but im going to the US to meet Americans, not more Irish haha :P:D

Just wondering if anyone had any advice, on things i should add to the bucket list, to do while there for 3 months.. I know the theme parks are a given, so they are definitely on the list, and Nasa too...

I wouldn't be too pushed about the night life.. not saying i am a dry sh1t or anything :D - Just not my scene..

Thinking of hiring a car, but wouldn't have the funds for it right away i don't think.

As it stands at the moment, i don't have a job lined up.. nor do i have somewhere to stay, so i assume we'd have to stay in a hotel or hostel to find a place.

EDIT: what about jobs.. anyone have any advice, as to what i should be applying for? - i have emailed all the typical places, Disney Land, Universal, Sea World etc.. but no luck so far, they all want a SSN, which i dont have yet.

any experience or advice, would be nice to hear from others :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Eek. Not many Americans go to Florida in the summer. Its 110 degrees with choking humidity.

Its where you go in the winter. Like Hawaii.

But it will probably be full of English and Germans. Not the best tippers though.

Advertisement