Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Marketing Institute

Options
  • 16-05-2013 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am looking to do a postgraduate diploma in digital marketing and my research has led me to the Digital Marketing Institute. Does anyone know anything about them? I haven't been able to find any impartial/independent information online as its all affiliated with the group themselves.

On the surface it looks great and exactly what I want but I have slight concerns over them being able to award a level 9 qualification in 6 or even 3 months. Also on their website I see that they are accredited by the Scottish board and not Irish. Is this unusual??

If anyone has impartial advice id love to hear from you.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PaulMunds

Hi Damian, its Paul Munds here from the Digital Marketing Institute so not the impartial voice that you are looking for!

However, I've just finished the Postgraduate programme myself - my class contained over 70 people so I would be happy to organise some calls with some of my classmates if you wanted to get their view. Also, we have an open evening next Wed (22nd) in the Chartered Accountants House, Pearse Street.

In terms of accreditation, we went through the SQA as we wanted an Internationally recognised accreditation, mapping onto the EQF (European Qualifications Framework). We run these programmes all over world (UK, India, Middle East, Central Europe, South Africa), with more regions planned this year.

If you are concerned about how the accreditation will look within the Irish market, it hasn't proved an issue for any of my own Postgraduate class, over 20% of whom have gotten new jobs before the course has even finished. Also, we are currently running corporate training programmes for some of Ireland's largest brands (banking, insurance, print & telecommunications) so our practitioner led approach to education is well recognised within these sectors. All of our lecturers work for the top Digital Agencies in Dublin and we run monthly member events with Google, Twitter, Hubspot, Facebook, Paypal and all of the big Digital players based in Dublin.

The full-time programme consists of 3 months classroom (intensive) and a 3 month internship (optional). This course is built to get people into work as quickly as possible so we have taken our part-time course which normally runs over a 9 month period and condensed it into a 3 month full-time classroom programme, then the internship is there to give people the opportunity to implement what they have learnt into a real-life business. We want people to get out of the classroom as soon as possible and into a real working environment. We over 80 companies signed up to our internship scheme and this programme will run 3 times every year.

If you want to contact me directly to organise some talks with our Postgraduate students, contact me on paul@digitalmarketinginstitute.com

Advertisement