Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MotoGP in Silverstone Sept 2013

• 16-05-2013 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

I've the opportunity to go to the MotoGp in Silverstone in September. I've never been there before and I'm looking for (sensible) suggestions as to where the best views would be. Please bear in in that I'd prefer seating (covered) because I not able to stand for a long time and I'd like to stay dry too.

Thanks.

Fazer6.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Fazer6 wrote: »
    I've the opportunity to go to the MotoGp in Silverstone in September. I've never been there before and I'm looking for (sensible) suggestions as to where the best views would be. Please bear in in that I'd prefer seating (covered) because I not able to stand for a long time and I'd like to stay dry too.

Thanks.

Fazer6.

Get a roaming grandstand ticket. You can get into a load of grandstands. Use the site map to get into a grandstand with a TV across from it. Last couple of times I've been on the start finish straight opposite the big screen, use the others for practice and qualifying.

The stands are great for rain but not wind, they have been very cold the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

The problem with Silverstone is it can be a pain to get from one grandstand to another. For example, last time I was there I got split up from some mates and we ended up in grandstands directly opposite each other. In order to get to the other grandstand I had to get a fricking bus!

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭thewatch

Theres a screen by Luffiel, great place to view. Or the one at Village.Roving pass is the way to go.You have to see them accelerate out of Maggots/Becketts down the Hanger straight too

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

Thanks for your replies.

Fazer6.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

Just an a quick update.
    1st thanks again for your help.
    We had a brilliant day, we bought roving grandstand tickets. For the Moto 2 race we sat in stands in Copse 'E'. For the main race we stood on the bank in front of Copse 'A' stand and for the Moto 3 race we sat in the pits straight straight directly opposite the podium. The atmosphere and the sound was awesome and the sun beamed down on us. All in all a great day out. Next year again I hope.

Fazer6 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement