Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digitalisation for clothing crest

• 16-05-2013 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

trying to organise a crest for a club poloneck that i am apart of,,i have got the quotes for the material and stuff but the girl i was chatting to told me that if i draw or sketch up a crest that i would like to use,that she would send it away for it to be digitalised,and would cost a once off payment of around 30 euro

just wondering if there is anyway i could do this online myself

cheers b

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

This is to convert your artwork to a stitch pattern their machine can read? Probably not as simple as you might think..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

My guess is that she needs a vector file of the crest. It's a simple enough job, once you know what you're doing. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I can point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Mister Man wrote: »
    My guess is that she needs a vector file of the crest. It's a simple enough job, once you know what you're doing. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I can point you in the right direction.

Educated guess? Vector, bitmap, doodle on a napkin - still needs to be converted to a stitch pattern readable by their particular machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭cuilteanna

Educated guess? Vector, bitmap, doodle on a napkin - still needs to be converted to a stitch pattern readable by their particular machine.

Exactly, and the software to do it isn't cheap. Vector is simplest to digitise but any artwork will do. Once you have a stitch file though it can usually be converted to other machines' formats using something like Wilcom Truesizer.

I recently sent in a vector of a crest for a local pub to get some t-shirts made. Sent in my the .eps file and no one said anything. I just assumed all others were the same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mister Man wrote: »
    I recently sent in a vector of a crest for a local pub to get some t-shirts made. Sent in my the .eps file and no one said anything. I just assumed all others were the same.

I think T-shirts usually have thermal transfers applied, polo necks/polo shirts are more likely to be embroidered.

Should have mentioned, it was embroidered. Maybe the company I used done whatever conversion that was needed for free, and I just got lucky.

Advertisement