Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any women working in Christchurch?

Options
  • 16-05-2013 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

My husband has a job offer in Christchurch. I want to go with him.What kind of work is available for women there? I'm an unemployed teacher but am willing to do any kind of work. It seems that the cost of living is high in NZ so I will have to have a job if I want to go.Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

They have closed and amalgamated a few schools in Christchurch but the Education budget just got a big increase so potentially some of that cash is to employ more teachers, there should be other work available too, its not just a totally male orientated city, normal life has gone on as best it can after the quakes.

Some good info here:

http://www.teachnz.govt.nz/teaching-in-new-zealand/overseas-trained/

www.seek.co.nz and www.trademe.co.nz both list jobs on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There is no such thing as jobs for women.

There are jobs.
    There are skills and qualification.

What skills and qualifcations do you have? What are you qualified to teach? Can you get a visa that will allow you to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Yep, but am currently looking for something with more reliable hours.

Am working as a labourer. Lifting stuff and moving it and putting stickers on stuff.

Advertisement