Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPI claim reviewed by ombudsman

Options
  • 16-05-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi,
    Has anyone had their PPI claim sent to the Ombudsman. Mine has been there for last 8 weeks. Any ideas how long it would usually take and what would the rate of success be.

I've tried googling but not finding much and what I am finding is a bit disheartening.
    Wouldn't mind hearing of others experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Generally you'll be looking at 8 - 12 weeks for an Ombudsman referral, lengths do vary though

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mama lion

LostArt wrote: »
    Generally you'll be looking at 8 - 12 weeks for an Ombudsman referral, lengths do vary though

Thank you LostArt, guess it's case of keep waiting. Would still be interested in anyone elses experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Is this a mis-selling complaint or a complaint about a claim not being paid out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mama lion

Ogham wrote: »
    Is this a mis-selling complaint or a complaint about a claim not being paid out ?

It's for the mis-selling of ppi

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I received a letter from PTSB saying I am going to be refunded for being missold PPI. I didn't go looking for it, they sent a letter months ago to say they would be reviewing it & would be back in touch. So I just need to wait and see now what they are going to refund me! I have no idea what that will be to be honest, but anything is better than nothing! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I received a letter from PTSB saying I am going to be refunded for being missold PPI. I didn't go looking for it, they sent a letter months ago to say they would be reviewing it & would be back in touch. So I just need to wait and see now what they are going to refund me! I have no idea what that will be to be honest, but anything is better than nothing! :)

It should be a refund of all the PPI premiums plus interest. Do you not have any idea how much you have been paying? How will you know if they give you enough back ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Ogham wrote: »
    It should be a refund of all the PPI premiums plus interest. Do you not have any idea how much you have been paying? How will you know if they give you enough back ?

I don't know! I'll have to see if I can find my old loan details from them & work out how much PPI I paid. To be honest anything is a bonus right now!

Advertisement