Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Moderator

• 16-05-2013 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

I'm delighted to announce that Tom Dunne has joined the team of moderators for the Islam Forum. Tom has been a regular poster, and as he lives and works in a Muslim-majority country, he can bring extensive personal experience to our debates.

Unfortunately, work commitments have meant that I have not been able to contribute as much as I would have liked in recent months to the forum, but I hope to be more active in the coming months.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

hivizman wrote: »
    I'm delighted to announce that Tom Dunne has joined the team of moderators for the Islam Forum.
    Excellent choice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 KerryIslamKIOS

Although I am new in the forum but wish you the very best of luck Tom.

Best wishes from KIOS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Thank you one and all.

I hope my experiences living in the Middle East will have a somewhat enlightening effect on both the forum itself and the debates therein.

While I am far from a religious person, I am fascinated by Muslim culture and Islam. In fact, I think I have visited more mosques over the past number of years than churches.

I also think it is important to appreciate that Boards.ie is an Irish forum and it is within this context that debate should be set. I think Irish people are genuinely curious about the religion and the various contemporary issues around the faith. While I am not here to defend the faith, I do feel a lot of debate around the religion take things out of context and I think my experiences can hopefully help people get a better understanding of Islam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭murraykil

Welcome; but you don't think that the practicalities of sexual encounters, especially between husband and wife "is the type of debate we need on this forum"???

It seems that only the last comment (the brussels video) merited an infraction, whilst the rest of the thread up to that point semmed to be quiet enlightening, for both Muslims and non-Muslims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 KerryIslamKIOS

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Thank you one and all.

I hope my experiences living in the Middle East will have a somewhat enlightening effect on both the forum itself and the debates therein.

While I am far from a religious person, I am fascinated by Muslim culture and Islam. In fact, I think I have visited more mosques over the past number of years than churches.

I also think it is important to appreciate that Boards.ie is an Irish forum and it is within this context that debate should be set. I think Irish people are genuinely curious about the religion and the various contemporary issues around the faith. While I am not here to defend the faith, I do feel a lot of debate around the religion take things out of context and I think my experiences can hopefully help people get a better understanding of Islam.

Very mature comment. This forum should be used for more building relationship on similarities between various faith among Irish population and come to common terms rather than arguing out of context issues as you mentioned. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement