Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions League Final - Drinks?

Options
  • 16-05-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Helpwanted01 (Fergal) and I are going to grab a few beers and watch the Champions League Final in the Regent Balham on Saturday 25th May at 7pm. Just putting it out there in case there are any other football fans here who would like to join us for a few drinks? You dont have to be a football fan though.. maybe you just fancy a few drinks and dont mind the football on in the background for a couple of hours.

Balham is usually good fun on a Saturday night and Clapham is only a couple of minutes away if people want to continue for a few more beers afterwards. The Regent is a really nice pub... defo not your typical football pub. Anyways let me know on here if you fancy joining. If people are interested we can grab a bite before/after the game. Lots of good places to eat that are reasonably priced in the area.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

That's an idea. Might join ye for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to where the Germans will be drinking that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Just a guess but...

http://www.octoberfestpub.com/index.php

Although it's not handy for wembley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I think they will be everywhere. There is a decent size german population in London afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Unfortunately ill be enjoying the sun in Budapest. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Rhand

I'm visiting with a friend that weekend, was just wondering if London has a closing hour for the pubs like Ireland has?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭splanagan22

Hi there.

I'm new to London so I would be well up for the drinks to get to know a few of you. Is it still taking place at the pub mentioned in first post.

Rhand wrote: »
    I'm visiting with a friend that weekend, was just wondering if London has a closing hour for the pubs like Ireland has?

It varies depending on the license. Some pubs can stay open until very late but most close at usual closing times

Hi there.

I'm new to London so I would be well up for the drinks to get to know a few of you. Is it still taking place at the pub mentioned in first post.

Hey. Yes Fergal and I will definitely be there and Enda might come along too. I'll aim to be there around 7 to see if we can get a decent seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I'd like to come along. All depends if the missus will give the go ahead for some alone time. I'd bring her but she'd only start talking about feelings or something while the football's on!

• Advertisement

I'd like to come along. All depends if the missus will give the go ahead for some alone time. I'd bring her but she'd only start talking about feelings or something while the football's on!

Ladies are welcome so bring her along if you like!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Mod Note: I've received a complaint from one female poster about the casual sexism/misogyny in this post; please note that this is not After Hours and the freewheeling rules that apply there do not apply here. I realise this comment may have been intended as banter, but that's not how it comes across to me. Given that this thread is for organising an open-to-all gathering, I don't want to see further comments like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

This place is a good spot for a Teutonic session, big German expat scene there as well.

http://zeitgeist-london.com/?page_id=3

All the classics like Bitburger, Konig Pilsener and Krombacher on draft, which begs the question ''How the f**k can people drink Brewed under Licence Heino?''

Fysh wrote: »
    Mod Note: I've received a complaint from one female poster about the casual sexism/misogyny in this post; please note that this is not After Hours and the freewheeling rules that apply there do not apply here. I realise this comment may have been intended as banter, but that's not how it comes across to me. Given that this thread is for organising an open-to-all gathering, I don't want to see further comments like this.

I'm shocked and disappointed by this to be honest as it was very much meant as a lighthearted joke. However I will abide by the rules and watch what I say in future, and I apologise for any offence caused.

P.S. Sadly I won't make it in for the match. I'll be spending some quality time with the other half instead on Saturday night as I'm away with work all next week.

I'm shocked and disappointed by this to be honest as it was very much meant as a lighthearted joke. However I will abide by the rules and watch what I say in future, and I apologise for any offence caused.

P.S. Sadly I won't make it in for the match. I'll be spending some quality time with the other half instead on Saturday night as I'm away with work all next week.

No worries mate. I think most realise you intended it lightheartedly but some are more easily offended than others. Next time then. And hopefully you can bring the missus along too :)

we still good for go tomorrow night,,

Indeed! I'll aim to get there around 7.. hopefully we will be able to get a seat. I'll pm you guys my phone number so you can get in touch if needed.

great,,im looking forward to it,,

Turns out the missus and I nearly made it in for the match. We were in Brixton for most of the day but decided to head home with a few beers instead. I watched the match on the laptop and she watched something else on TV. Everyone was happy!

Hope ye had a good night, twas a great end to the match.

Actually nobody showed up in the end! I hung around for 20 mins and then headed off somewhere else to watch with some friends. Another time

• Advertisement

Playboy wrote: »
    Actually nobody showed up in the end! I hung around for 20 mins and then headed off somewhere else to watch with some friends. Another time

Typical!:D

We're looking to move in from Surrey to somewhere in South London pretty soon so should be able to make more beers/football meetups then.

Incidentally I'm in Darlington this week on a work trip and just watched the Ireland match in a pub where pints were £1.79! If only we could replicate that in London! :D

Typical!:D

We're looking to move in from Surrey to somewhere in South London pretty soon so should be able to make more beers/football meetups then.

Incidentally I'm in Darlington this week on a work trip and just watched the Ireland match in a pub where pints were £1.79! If only we could replicate that in London! :D

Excellent. Well there are a few of us in the area so hopefully we will have a better turn out for the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭drdoon

Someone robbed my bicycle with two locks from outside the pub, while I was watching the match Great game, but the result for myself was not great. Put a downer on the night :(

Advertisement