Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Owner Won't Take Asking Price - Wants €100k More

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭pychofairy

Left best and final offer (near asking) with estate agent on Friday for owner to stew over the weekend.
    Deadline today and heard nothing back so my ship has now sailed.
    Looking elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Was it the original asking price or the price from the vendor's wish list? :P

FWIW I think you've done the right thing. Mind you - I'd be willing to bet the EA comes back to you at some point. If they do, and you're still interested, then I'd drop the bid another 20k, just for their cheek! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carpejugulum

Offer 1 mirrion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Offer 1 mirrion

of zimbabwe dollar. :D

Sorry, I couldnt help myself. Good luck with your offer. It sounds like you are very keen on the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Does it come with a floor safe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,480 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Offer to go as high as €850,000, then lead them along for a while before walking away.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Boardieman

No matter how much the property market slumps certain sellers will refuse to budge. I put in an offer on a house recently at 5% under the asking and was refused. The house has been for sale 4 years. A lot of people out there are under pressure from their banks to sell but don't really want to move themselves. Just walk away. These people aren't worth your breath and are just digging themselves into a deeper hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Citycap

Don't you realise you are being played for a fool. Walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭mlumley

Put offer in for 650k, tell them you want a fast sale, 6 weeks so get the legals moving. Give them 4 weeks, then reduce the offer. If they say no walk. Nothing illegal, might make them sit up a bit, and find out what its like to be f**ked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭khards

Offer €680k, tell them you really like. Pay your booking deposit and then string them along for months with no real intention of buying the property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

khards wrote: »
    Offer €680k, tell them you really like. Pay your booking deposit and then string them along for months with no real intention of buying the property.

So, deliberately frustrate the hell out of somebody after you've handed over 5 or 10k of your cash to them and then go looking for it back ? You really haven't thought this through, have you ?

My advice would be to cut contact. If/when the EA contacts you, tell him your higher offer is gone. Your only offer is €440k (or even drop to €435k) and it's there for a week, after which you walk. And follow through on your word. If the seller wants to act the b****x then don't let them waste anymore of your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Did'nt know any houses were worth that kind of mollah anymore,even in south Dublin!:pac:

Advertisement