Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Sorry for bumping! Signed up to PM as soon as i saw this thread a few days ago!

Are the Parcel Motels actually inside the Topaz? Like ask at the cashiers or something? Expecting something and have no clue if the PM is based inside the Topaz or what to do when i get there :p Also, one of my items needs to be signed, will they sign for it up in Belfast or will there be an issue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭J Bourke

Sorry for bumping! Signed up to PM as soon as i saw this thread a few days ago!

Are the Parcel Motels actually inside the Topaz? Like ask at the cashiers or something? Expecting something and have no clue if the PM is based inside the Topaz or what to do when i get there :p Also, one of my items needs to be signed, will they sign for it up in Belfast or will there be an issue?

They're seperate units altogether

ParcelMotelAherns.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

ParcelMotelAherns.jpg

EDIT: beaten by a worthy adversary!

Thanks both! Probably wayy too overexcited for my stuff now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

gimmick wrote: »
    Is in Cork now. 4 different locations for now

I think there is one in Glanmire and Carrigaline as well.

About time. Well handy as well I am told.

Fermoy (Amber garage) opening soon according to their Twitter. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've ordered a parcel to be delivered to Leitrim St. Saved me a tenner in postage and it'll get here in half the time! :D

I'll let ye know how I got on...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

I used it this week for the first time. Saved €23 in postage! It was very handy and easy to use and I'll definitely use it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I've used the one in Carrigaline 5 times so far. Great service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is Parsil motel only in Ireland at the mo or what lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Is this basically a way around shipping charges?

• Advertisement

Not really, IMO. It saves money with some of the prohibitive charges some sellers charge to post here. But you still have to pay the E3.50 for onward transmission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

All explained here. I've used them 3 times in the last 2 weeks - it's perfect. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

When your item is logged in Belfast, it takes 24 hrs to get to Cork. You get a text to tell you it's arrived - great service!

+1 to that. Ordered on Thursday. Got a text at 7am!! saying the parcel had arrived. Went to pick it up at 8pm.

Saved me £10 and two weeks! Cool as ****!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Id say kind of. The first time i used it the postage to my door was £12.50. To the parcel motel in the north was only £2.99 so i saved about €11-12 as the first 2 goes are free. Even if i had to pay id still have saved about €8 in postage and i pass one of the depots on my way to and from work so its handy.
    Plus its a great way of buying online without the wife finding out........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,027 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Also a way of buying from sites that don't deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

blindsider wrote: »
    http://www.parcelmotel.com/about.html

All explained here. I've used them 3 times in the last 2 weeks - it's perfect. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

When your item is logged in Belfast, it takes 24 hrs to get to Cork. You get a text to tell you it's arrived - great service!

also when it's logged into their depot you can login to your parcel motel account and view a photo of the parcel before they deliver it to your local depot, handy for seeing how big the parcel is.

Picked up my first parcel today! Went to the Wilton Topaz, entered my number and pin. Nothing! Tried 5 times before i rang them. Guy on the phone said it wasn't at the Wilton Topaz, but at the Dunnes Stores up the road. Went to the one across from the Outpost, no PM. Had to convince my brother that it had to be at the larger Dunnes Stores. Trekked onwards, and finally got to the Topaz across from the Dunnes Stores. (btw, those pedestrian lights are a balls at the roundabout). Decided to go against a bus home and walked an hour back home :p Brother is knocked out sleeping as i type :pac: Wimp.
    Back home, my preferred PM was indeed the Bishopstown one, and not the Wilton one. Changed it straight away to the Wilton one as i'm expecting another package next week. Brilliant service and excellent customer service :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭sham2

Just adding my two cents, first time using the parcel motel. Ordered a package for the kids from the UK on Tue to be sent via Belfast - for free shipping in the UK. Notified of shipment Tue afternoon from seller. Arrived this morning in the Parcel Motel in Glanmire. Fastest ever delivery from the UK. I'm sold.
    Touch screen is a bit fiddly as I had to adjust my touchpoints as the display screen is a few inches behind the touch screen. Once I figured that out you just enter your phone number and unique ID texted to you and the box pops open. Brilliant solution.

Went to the PM at Leitrim St. this morning to get a parcel. There was a flyer inside which advertises a company called Flubit.ie . Apparently, they can source items even cheaper and send it to your nominated PM. Haven't tried it yet, but has anyone done so. And if you have, how did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Went to the PM at Leitrim St. this morning to get a parcel. There was a flyer inside which advertises a company called Flubit.ie . Apparently, they can source items even cheaper and send it to your nominated PM. Haven't tried it yet, but has anyone done so. And if you have, how did you find it?

There's a thread here about it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83607295

Haven't used them myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement