Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc securewatch alarm problem

Options
  • 16-05-2013 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My HKC SecureWatch alarm has started to trigger although it is unset.
    Any suggestions ???

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its probably a tamper problem. What displays on the screen when you disarm it after an activation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 theliarreilly

Display says ready to arm and the date and time
    thanks for the help

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

But when you disarm it after it activates it will display why it activated.

Sorry Koolkid
    It activated at 5 am so all i wanted to do was stop it as quickly as possible so i did not look at the display at that time.
    i suppose if i wait and note it the next time
    thanks

Do you have access to the log?
    What happens if you enter the code?

• Advertisement

the only code i have is the one to disarm.i have no idea how to access the log.

Enter the code when the system is disarmed and tell me what happens.

when i enter the disarm code it arms the system

There are no access permissions assigned to your code.
    It baffles me why some installers refuse to set up users with this basic level of access.

mea culpa KoolKid i checked at the back of the and the code to give view user log is there.unfortunately it appears to only give the last action taken on the current date.this of course was arm cancel based on the previous attempt.

• Advertisement

You will have to keep an eye on it next time it activates.
    Is there any company name on the system? If so PM it to me.

no company name
    thanks for your help

No bother. When you see what's showing up post back and we'll see can we get you sorted.

Advertisement