Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Runway/Infrastructure.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

Carnacalla wrote: »
    <...> my unbiased post.
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Not that Shannon advocates can say that kind of thing.

Are you trying to troll 2 threads at the same time? Cut out the nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Whats going on out back of Pier D? Apron Expansion?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Whats going on out back of Pier D? Apron Expansion?

Apron 5G. Net 8 new stands.

See page 128 of the 2015-19 CIP. Sorry, I can't link at the moment.

DAA reporting passenger numbers are up 17% in the first quarter on last year, an extra 678,000 passengers compared to first three months of 2014.

If no extra passengers were carried in 2015 the year end number would be 22,390,173 passengers for 2015. Looks like it will be a bumper year for Dublin with many routes just starting and not due to start till May and June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

DAA reporting passenger numbers are up 17% in the first quarter on last year, an extra 678,000 passengers compared to first three months of 2014.

If no extra passengers were carried in 2015 the year end number would be 22,390,173 passengers for 2015. Looks like it will be a bumper year for Dublin with many routes just starting and not due to start till May and June.

That's great news then! Considering that the first quarter isn't that busy compared to the summer, we are sure bound to see massive surges in passenger numbers over the summer season!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Surges are good, but I'm not looking forward to peak time security or to regular holding patterns beginning on approach. Could make Dublin a far less pleasant airport to travel through.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Khuitlio

Does anyone know if ALL of the Ethiopian Airlines passengers will be included in passenger statistics (i.e. will the passengers that don't disembark count) If they do we could possibly hit the 25,000,000 target. We've had 17% growth in the first 3 months. The growth over the last 9 months would have to be around 14.8% (I THINK!) Given the huge growth over the first quarter and the 21 new summer routes this year I think this could be possible

Pretty sure they'll be counted. Either way, at 3 flights a week for 7 months, they're not going to contribute much to the 25m (of course it will help).

Any overall growth north of 15% for 2015 and they'll hit the trigger. If growth continues at 17%, they'll probably hit the trigger at the end of November (12 month period from December 2014 to November 2015 both inclusive).

Nim wrote: »
    Pretty sure they'll be counted. Either way, at 3 flights a week for 7 months, they're not going to contribute much to the 25m (of course it will help).

Is it not 6 flights a week? 3 to ADD and 3 to LAX. Agreed that in the grand scheme of things the won't contribute hugely, but every little helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

...and then the trigger will be upped ;) You know it will, sadly. They did it last year to the current value without a second thought. They're nowhere near ready to put in planning permission for any upgrades (last I heard, they wanted to move the second runway further north and retain 16/34). Then you have the appeals process, inevitable legal action, heel dragging by the government.

Great, the trigger will be hit, but the country isn't in the position for a massive investment like this. Sadly :(

...and then the trigger will be upped ;) You know it will, sadly. They did it last year to the current value without a second thought. They're nowhere near ready to put in planning permission for any upgrades (last I heard, they wanted to move the second runway further north and retain 16/34). Then you have the appeals process, inevitable legal action, heel dragging by the government.

Great, the trigger will be hit, but the country isn't in the position for a massive investment like this. Sadly :(

The DAA already have permission for the funding through an increase in passenger charges, that's the whole point of the trigger

Khuitlio wrote: »
    Is it not 6 flights a week? 3 to ADD and 3 to LAX. Agreed that in the grand scheme of things the won't contribute hugely, but every little helps

Oops, yeah.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Does anyone know if ALL of the Ethiopian Airlines passengers will be included in passenger statistics ......
    If DAA are charging ET for those pax transiting then they will be counted.

Is it not 12 flights, 3 to LAX and 3 from LAX + 3 to ADD and 3 from ADD ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,735 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Page 12 here

http://www.aviationreg.ie/_fileupload/2014-05-29%20DAA%20Capital%20Investment%20Proposals.pdf

What a joke the forecasts are from 2013 compared to reality. Passenger numbers could conceivably break their forecast for 2019 this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Page 12 here

http://www.aviationreg.ie/_fileupload/2014-05-29%20DAA%20Capital%20Investment%20Proposals.pdf

What a joke the forecasts are from 2013 compared to reality. Passenger numbers could conceivably break their forecast for 2019 this year!

2013/2014 figures are not at all a joke but based on facts at the time. The recent Q1 growth this year will not be repeated next year by a long shot.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    2013/2014 figures are not at all a joke but based on facts at the time. The recent Q1 growth this year will not be repeated next year by a long shot.

I think he means the growth from 2013, i.e. 2014-2015-2016 etc rather than 2013 itself. CAR basically pulled those figures from their proverbials as they have no facts to base their assumptions on other than made up formulas which the DAA and others in the industry have ridiculed (other airport operators and aviation regulators), where as the DAA know who is interested in starting new routes etc as they will have been approached by these airlines well in advance.

A contract has been awarded for a four floor extension to the two storey T2 car park.

t2mscp.png

I think he means the growth from 2013, i.e. 2014-2015-2016 etc rather than 2013 itself. CAR basically pulled those figures from their proverbials as they have no facts to base their assumptions on other than made up formulas which the DAA and others in the industry have ridiculed (other airport operators and aviation regulators), where as the DAA know who is interested in starting new routes etc as they will have been approached by these airlines well in advance.

Remember when the figures were produced FR had not committed 1 million more passengers between April 2014 and April 2015 so as I say the figures were based on correct facts and 2014's target of 20.7 million would be in line had FR not committed to that growth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,735 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

And this year could possibly reach 25 million? The predictions were stupid. End of. I'm looking forward to the new runway we were promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

And this year could possibly reach 25 million? The predictions were stupid. End of. I'm looking forward to the new runway we were promised.
    Have you written your letter to Santa yet?:D:D

In your opinion, just like your prediction of 25 million this year is crazy in my opinion. Somewhere around 23 million is more like reality.

By the way there is nothing stopping the regulator pushing up the cap past 25 million again!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-04-09/Over_1_8_Million_Passengers_In_March_At_Dublin_Airport.aspx
    Over 1.8 Million Passengers In March At Dublin AirportApril 09 2015

More than 1.8 million passengers travelled through Dublin Airport in March, a 19% increase over the same period last year. Passenger volumes to and from continental Europe grew by 21% with almost 858,000 passengers travelling to European destinations. UK traffic rose by 17% with just over 760,000 passengers travelling to and from the UK in March. The number of passengers on domestic routes increased by 52%; more than 6,000 passengers travelled this route sector last month. Passenger volumes to and from North America grew by 8% with almost 131,000 passengers travelling on transatlantic routes in March. Other international passenger traffic to the Middle East grew by 45% with just over 63,000 passengers travelling last month. More than 4.7 million passengers have travelled through Dublin Airport in the first three months of the year, representing a 17% increase, or an extra 678,000 passengers, compared to the same period last year.

the strong economic growth and the weak euro v £ and $ will also bump up tourist numbers...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭Blut2

The DAA already have permission for the funding through an increase in passenger charges, that's the whole point of the trigger

Has there been any information released on how big the increase in passenger charges is likely to be? I can't imagine Ryanair will be too happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Idbatterim wrote: »
    http://www.dublinairport.com/gns/at-the-airport/latest-news/15-04-09/Over_1_8_Million_Passengers_In_March_At_Dublin_Airport.aspx

the strong economic growth and the weak euro v £ and $ will also bump up tourist numbers...

I would imagine that the March increase is inflated somewhat due to when Easter fell this year.

Easter Sunday 2015 fell on 5th April, so that meant that the school holidays started on Friday 27th March. Last year it was two weeks later. Therefore there would be far more people travelling on that last weekend in March in 2015 than in 2014.

I would be cautious to extrapolate those figures until we see the April ones and the year to date average at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,982 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Apparently Ethiopian are moving their Rome fuel stops to Dublin within a month. These are one-way and won't have tickets sold ex-DUB on either leg most likely, but if the pax get counted there'll be quite a distortion on the figures. Runway will be in use even if terminal facilities aren't so it realistically should count.

Are the (few enough) BA3 passengers counted to SNNs figures?

L1011 wrote: »
    Apparently Ethiopian are moving their Rome fuel stops to Dublin within a month. These are one-way and won't have tickets sold ex-DUB on either leg most likely, but if the pax get counted there'll be quite a distortion on the figures. Runway will be in use even if terminal facilities aren't so it realistically should count.

Are the (few enough) BA3 passengers counted to SNNs figures?

Ethiopian Airlines flights to Milan-Malpensa, Washington-Dulles and Toronto-Pearson are for international, connecting traffic only. The airline does not have local rights to carry passengers solely between Fiumicino and the final destination.

Wow Washington and Toronto ?

Confirmed by their schedule/timetable daily 777-200LR and 3 times a week 787-8. Not bad

On Monday morning from 0530 to 0600 there will be three Ethiopian aircraft on the ground at Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Why are they changing to DUB? Cost?

Advertisement