Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Runway/Infrastructure.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dublin12367

Looks like the daa are going to lodge a new, nothing being built, planning application in October, pending the result of the night flight decision from ABP ( unsure why the outcome of this would be a deciding factor) to raise the cap to 36 million while the 40m infrastructure application goes through the planning process.

deleted.

Post edited by dublin12367 on

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jwm121

jetBlue, Hainan, Norwegian Pegasus have been given no slots for the winter season. 2.9% of the total demand for slots was allocated. No year round service to China then I'm guessing, just handing everything to Edinburgh, Manchester and London. A joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭Economics101

Tell that to fools like Hannah Daly and others in the Irish TImes.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭EI321

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Simple work in the grand scheme of things and long overdue.

I’m sure Fingal CC will still find a reason to refuse planning permission!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Or they might agree to it, given the overall public amenity value, while prescribing any conditions considered necessary. There is no provision for access by public transport, even though a Dublin Bus route passes right by. This is something that they might light on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭markpb

Do daa own that land? I always assumed it was council roadway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The 40m figure makes zero sense. Not only will we be back here in a couple of years but what airline is going to commit to grow here with this hanging over their heads?

We are doing serious reputational damage now and that will morph in to economic damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Land to the south of it is the daa solar farm isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

While only the 27B passes by now, when all the Bus Connects phases are complete there will be three routes, the 19, 24 and N8. The 19 is due to start in September. 22 parking spaces isn't many so a bus stop would definitely be important.

No, the solar farm is well to the west, by 3 km or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

They do own it according to the planning submission. Have to say I wasn’t aware that they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,670 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Wind has picked up so now back to single runway ops. I understand low visibility, but why does strong wind necessitate the operation of only 1 runway?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭moonshy2022

it isn’t because of the wind. Cloud base is 600ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ah okay, I didn't realize 600ft cloud base was low enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭vswr

were they forced to use 16/34 due to crosswind limits being reached? Or was it that the southern runway was in use only?

• Advertisement

No, just 10R was in use at the time. 16/34 is only use when winds exceed crosswind limits on the other runways, which differs for each specific aircraft type and airline SOP so they use an ave xwind limit before switching.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭vswr

I know, I was just asking what runway was in use.

Probably something to do with these NOTAM's

A1449/24 - RWY 10L STRAIGHT-IN APPROACH ILS CAT II INSTRUMENT APPROACH 
    MINIMA NOT AVAILABLE.
    REF: EIDW AD 2.24-33.1. 06 JUN 07:17 2024 UNTIL 06 SEP 23:59 2024 ESTIMATED.
    CREATED: 06 JUN 07:17 2024

A1051/24 - INSTRUMENT APPROACH PROCEDURES FOR NON-RNAV 1 EQUIPPED/CAPABLE 
    AIRCRAFT FOR RUNWAYS 28R AND 10L NOT AVAILABLE,
    REF AIP EIDW AD 2.22 FLIGHT PROCEDURES, SECTION 2.3 AND 2.4. 30 APR 08:27 2024
    UNTIL 30 JUN 23:59 2024 ESTIMATED. CREATED: 30 APR 08:28 2024

A3615/23 - VISUAL APPROACHES RWY28R AND RWY10L NOT AVAILABLE 
    REF EIDW AD 2.22 PARA 10.7. 18 DEC 10:04 2023 UNTIL 17 MAR 23:59 2024 ESTIMATED.
    CREATED: 18 DEC 10:04 2023

Lots of works going on, so there's probably stuff in the fringes of ILS critical areas, mixed in with low cloud, could necessitate single runway ops.

Or could be something even simpler as lack of controllers.

Would I be right in saying the An Bord Pleanala decision on night flights should be due any day?

the daa are in the courts next week over the challenge against Fingal’s enforcement notice on the new runway which brought the night cap etc , the case was previously adjourned pending a decision from An Bord Pleanala on same.

So if there’s no decision from ABP this week, is it very likely the case will be adjourned again?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Cycled past the airport this morning. What’s the work being carried out at the end of the runway opposite the Dardistown Cemetary?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

Animal Welfare centre and Airfield Operations depot/centre (Buses, Snow Plows, Waste Compactors etc.)

https://planning.agileapplications.ie/fingal/application-details/94315#documents

DAA have applied to build a large new staff car park on the Southern Perimeter Road, between the Blue long-term car park and the new solar farm.

"The proposed development will consist of: 1) the demolition of existing cattle pen and hard standing area (total 911m2) and the removal of 1 no. existing gated site entrance from the South Parallel Road (R108), and the construction of a westwards extension to the existing Holiday Blue Long-Term Car Park to provide an extended surface car park which will comprise 950 no. airport staff car parking spaces, of which 48 no. will be provided for Persons with Reduced Mobility (PRM) and 96 no. will be serviced by Electric Vehicle (EV) charging points, to be accessed off the South Parallel Road (R108) via an upgraded existing former temporary construction access/egress, with an emergency access also to be provided through the existing Holiday Blue Long-Term Car Park immediately east of the proposed development site via a tie in, with security barriers, to the existing internal roundabout; 2) 30 no. bicycle spaces; 3) 1 no. new bus shelter; 4) new internal road layout, with set down areas for buses and footpaths, incorporating 2 no. existing culverts (one of which is to be extended) and 1no. new culvert over the Santry River; 5) proposed riparian corridor either side of the Santry River; 6) 1 no. single-storey substation; 7) 1 no. new single storey welfare building; 8) 1 no. new single-storey security hut with security barriers; 9) new foul and surface water drainage system works incorporating attenuation; 10) the erection of CCTV equipment, security fencing, electrical enclosure, lighting, signage, and boundary fencing; and 11) all other associated site development works, including temporary construction compound, and all hard and soft landscaping."

Ryanair have also challenged ABP decision on the tunnel under 16/34 to the courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭prunudo

I'm struggling to see why they are against this. Surely it free's up vehicle traffic from the taxi ways.

Are they afraid they'll be forced to use the new remote stands on the west of 16/34.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Qaanaaq

Probably it's just the cost factor. Ryanair want the absolute minimum spent on infrastructure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Noxegon

I find it hilarious that Ryanair are using carbon emissions as one of their grounds for appeal. Dear pot, what's your favourite colour?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Advertisement